Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you ever explore your hobbies while

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:03 pm
Your kids are around?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:08 pm
Yes. All the time. I often let them join me . For example if I decide to do a painting , I’ll give them a canvas and will let them use my paints.
Same for scrapbooking .
When I do needle point they like to organize my colored threads etc.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:12 pm
When DD was little she never had any interest in my hobbies (still doesn't), but she'd be perfectly happy to get some books or toys and hang out in a corner near me. She was content just being in the same room.

Sometimes all a kid needs is to know that they are welcome to be in your space, and that you don't want them to go away.

Teomima

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:17 pm
Sure. I love to paint and my kids enjoy watching and painting themselves along side me. I also sew and my older children like it when I teach them how to as well. I bake and my kids help me with that, too. I also liked building things and I'm glad when they watch and help and learn a woman can use tools and do things some consider "male" tasks. I love reading and that's harder to do with children around, though.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:19 pm
As long as I don't need quiet or me time, I love including then. We cook, play word games and sketch together all the time.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 6:12 pm
Oil painting- no way. I will do washable paint together.

Reading- yes. I read they play.

Exercise- sometimes but having them roll around me is really conducive. I will put in Mendy music on a big screen and we will all do it together

Cooking, baking- yes we have great “helpers”

Coffee and a walk with a friend- I will take my baby only

I sometimes dumb my hobbies down to include them. Play dough, Kinetic sand, coloring… can be relaxing and fun together

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:03 pm
Sure, we scrapbooked and baked together. We beaded and snuggled when we read books (or just sat on the couch and leaned on eachother and shared a blanket.
Yes it makes a mess and takes longer, but I enjoy it, as do they. We spent time together, and stuff really does get accomplished.

I only have girls.
They are now out of the house and I miss my little buddies.
FYI-the time flies. I know it doesn’t feel that way in the thick of it, but it really does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics