Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Does anyone have a tried and true method to stop snoring?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:00 pm
I see things advertised... what is good? Only a problem when I became over 55.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:05 pm
Depends on what the problem is. After years of snoring, DH was diagnosed with sleep apnea and the machine really helped. He's also overweight and I see a huge difference when he loses some weight...

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:11 pm
My husband sleeps in another room for years
I read many couples do this

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:

SERIOUS???

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:40 pm
Depends on the cause but diet, myofunctional therapy, addressing allergies, inflammation, infections, and mold. Cpap doesn’t address the root cause even if there’s apnea.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 2:49 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
SERIOUS???

Yes. On most nights, DH does not sleep in our bedroom.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 5:54 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Yes. On most nights, DH does not sleep in our bedroom.

My ex and I never slept in the same room. His snoring would rattle the windows. My grandparents never slept in the same room either.

There is sinus and soft palate surgery that can help reduce snoring, but it still works best when combined with a CPAP.

DreamerForever

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 6:12 pm
earplugs?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 6:14 pm
Cpap machine. This saved my sanity, my husband's health/life and our marriage because we were sleeping in different rooms his snoring was so bad. This has been a god sent.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:51 pm
I must feed dh dinner early or I'm screwed. any drinks and someone's likely on the couch. dh also needs to keep consistent with chiropractor appointments.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:08 pm
Snoring was terrible until he got the c-pap but it never entered my mind to go sleep in a different room

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:12 pm
I don't know if this will work for you but a specific change in position helps with my husband. When he starts to snore I wake him up and tell him to turn over. For some reason when he sleeps on his right side he does not snore. He will often snore very loudly if he sleeps on his left side or back. Maybe your husband's sleep position affects his snoring. I know someone whose husband sleeps in a pocket t-shirt worn backwards with a tennis ball in it so he will roll right back over from his back which controls his snoring.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:13 pm
Is CPAP machine also for those who don't have sleep apnea? After going for testing it was said I don't have sleep apnea, but I snore terribly😭😭

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:19 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
My ex and I never slept in the same room. His snoring would rattle the windows. My grandparents never slept in the same room either.

There is sinus and soft palate surgery that can help reduce snoring, but it still works best when combined with a CPAP.

My husband did all types of testing and came up with no reason for his snoring besides for that he works very hard and he's extremely exhausted. And I do see this pattern. On off days when he's not so exhausted, he doesn't snore. On shabbos when he drinks, he snores really loud. But he prefers to sleep on the couch, he usually ends up there sometime during the night.

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
Is CPAP machine also for those who don't have sleep apnea? After going for testing it was said I don't have sleep apnea, but I snore terribly😭😭

My dad went to get evaluated for sleep apnea and it turned out he had a badly deviated septum. Surgery helped. I have heard that some people with milder cases have benefited from Breathe Right strips.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Snoring was terrible until he got the c-pap but it never entered my mind to go sleep in a different room

I need to sleep, so it has been someone sleeping in another room or me lying awake and seething with anger from exhaustion

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:58 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
My dad went to get evaluated for sleep apnea and it turned out he had a badly deviated septum. Surgery helped. I have heard that some people with milder cases have benefited from Breathe Right strips.

It's apparently not that either. But yes my husband just found those on Amazon and I'm ordering them!! Thanks!!

tweety1

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:21 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:

My parents do that. And because of the fact NEVER.WILL.I.DO.IT. You can say whatever theory you want, but it effects the children even if you think it doesnt. Dh also snores very loudly sometimes. I see a pattern. For dh it has to do on how exhausted he is. I'd rather be up all night, then my kids knowing that we sleep in different rooms.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:26 pm
This product basically saved my marriage, not to mention my sanity-I often had to relocate during the night due to the snoring. This resolved it by 90%.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....454ad

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
This product basically saved my marriage, not to mention my sanity-I often had to relocate during the night due to the snoring. This resolved it by 90%.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....454ad

Thank you so much for this recommendation! I just ordered.
Dh said I started snoring really loudly this pregnancy, and even with earplugs, he is constantly being woken up. I feel so bad! He works so hard and really needs his sleep. I hope these help.
I'm guessing you can use them more than 10 times each? Medical grade silicone should last longer than that.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise