Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
When is BMG "freezer" opening this year?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:45 pm
Wanted to redt a shidduch and someone mentioned that being that there are two Adars, it may "open" on rosh chodesh adar rather than Tu Bshvat. Does anyone know for sure?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 7:57 pm
Sorry I have no idea but your title made me think. We just had a thread about is it possible people who aren't part of our community but want to fake their way in might come here to learn about our lives. If there's someone here who isn't one of us they probably feel lost. Might be time for a freezer explanation and discussions pro and con. Learning Taryag mitzvos and Tanach, mishna and gemara are hard enough without having to study all the social constructs well meaning people have added.

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:00 pm
Most people aren’t that makpid on the exact day the freezer opens.

cupcake123

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:06 pm
It opens tu beshvat

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:13 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
It opens tu beshvat

Thank you! TMI

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 8:23 pm
I got engaged on a year with 2 Adars and the freezer opened to bshvat like always. But just heads up many people don't take it seriously and are definitely dating by rosh chodesh shvat. Also they may say yes months in advance. So no reason not to redt your shiddich now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 9:26 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I got engaged on a year with 2 Adars and the freezer opened to bshvat like always. But just heads up many people don't take it seriously and are definitely dating by rosh chodesh shvat. Also they may say yes months in advance. So no reason not to redt your shiddich now.

Good to know!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:30 pm
Shidduchim are being redt for weeks already

scientist

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:49 pm
Rosh Chodesh Adar Aleph. I saw it in writing from BMG.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:05 am
scientist wrote:
Rosh Chodesh Adar Aleph. I saw it in writing from BMG.

Officially that is correct, but many are not so makpid on waiting until then and have dates set up for next month. According to my son in BMG, no one is stopping them.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:36 am
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
Officially that is correct, but many are not so makpid on waiting until then and have dates set up for next month. According to my son in BMG, no one is stopping them.

Why would a girl wait a month to date a boy she never saw in her life?

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:45 am
If it's what the girl is looking for, most would be thrilled to wait a month for a good learning boy coming out of the freezer. Girls can go many many months without getting any suitable suggestions, so waiting a few more weeks for a promising shidduch is not usually an issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries