Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Doona - is it worth it?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:30 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Of course they all love it, because it's in style and it's embarrassing to not have a doona. If the doona wouldn't be in style, no one would have it, and if you'd get it for them, they wouldn't love it and wouldn't be happy with it.

Not true.
I’m not into style and I absolutely love the doona.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:32 pm
Zehava wrote:
Lol keep telling yourself that. I had it before it was in style. Love it so much for the practicality. If you wanna make your life harder to davka not be in style be my guest. You don’t really know what other people would love tho and what would make them happy.

Agreed.
On Imamom it’s in style to hate Doonas.
But Im not into styles.... I do what works for me.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:48 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
In Monsey you need either the doona or the bugaboo bee
Everything else is a major pain in the neck. Anywhere else you can get something bigger.
(If you walk to the grocery for example.)
If you need to get into the car for every little things get something portable.

I live in monsey I have the doona which I hate and I have the pupa baby which I love.

Personally I feel the doona is a waste of money it’s also extremely heavy. Lots of babies are getting torta collies from it

queen esther

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 1:48 am
Zehava wrote:
Worth every penny for the two years of utter blissfully convenient travel I got out of it. My graco click connect also had a huge basket. It was also a big klutz that almost tipped over when I needed to make a turn or cross the street. Not to mention took up real estate in the trunk, needed to be shlepped out every time, needed to be checked in with the luggage on the plane and then had to wait for everyone to disembark with a baby in my hands. Forget about car services! I almost cried once in the rain when my Uber parked across the street and I had already taken the darn thing apart!
None of that anymore!

So I think it's really just personal preference.. And I'm sure some people are swayed by the popularity now and some people really benefit. Reading your post, sounds like it was great for you! Makes me understand better why people like it.

Someone like me though...I rarely travel. I live in a house and usually park right in front of it. I have a van so lots of room in trunk. I bought a stroller with adaptors for my Graco car seat so the frame served as a base and then when baby got older I could put in the regular stroller seat. Yes it was bulky but sturdy and smooth, I never felt like it was tipping, I'm tall and baby could be at my height, facing me or out. Bh it's worked great. I see no benefit for me to getting a doona other than doing away with the small inconvenience of going to my trunk and unfolding a frame and placing baby in seat on it. To me that's not worth all the parts I don't like, to others, that's a huge benefit.

I don't think I'm better or anything just because I don't think doonas are great, I just like to point out the other perspective.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:08 am
I borrowed someone's Doona for a few days, and I see why it's appealing. But it's very heavy, my babies are huge and heavy too, and although it is GOOD at both stroller and carseat roles, it's not great at either.

The way my life is structured, it's not worth the downsides of a Doona for the occasional times it would make things more convenient.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:54 pm
I used city mini stroller with graco click connect car seat. Easy to fold, easy to pop the car seat on and off, when the car seat and stroller are separate they are both quite a bit lighter than the doona. That was a few years ago so there may be something even better out now. I think it’s telling that the doona isn’t especially popular outside of our communities.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 9:17 pm
OP here.
Thanks for all the opinions and replies. Hear ya all loud and clear.
So now let's hear... leaving the doona aside, what are my options for regulsr strollers?
Like in a way I would like to get a good nice stroller but for someone like me who doesnt walk tons a full size one feels way too bulky.
For whatver reason I really don't like the bugaboo bee ao I wouldnt want to get that. The Joolz feels too lightweight but maybe I'm wormg there.
Would appreciate any and all suggestions again.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 10:42 am
Here's my opinion.

My baby is 3 months old and just got the doona.

At first I didn't want to buy it "just because everyone has it".

What should I tell you? I dreaded going out. I live in monsey and it was a huge hassle getting in and out of a taxi. I have the mountain buggy nano which is not a one hand fold. If I would've had a one hand fold stroller, I may have stuck it out. But now with the cold weathers upon us I couldn't imagine fastening and unfastening the bunting every time I go in and out of the car.

Yes, it's a luxury because what did we do before the doona came out? Well, if one can make their life easier and can afford it, why not?

I did make a strict rule that it's not coming in to the house since I don't want to abuse it and have the baby in it for too long.

Good luck on your decision.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 10:48 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
Here's my opinion.

My baby is 3 months old and just got the doona.

At first I didn't want to buy it "just because everyone has it".

What should I tell you? I dreaded going out. I live in monsey and it was a huge hassle getting in and out of a taxi. I have the mountain buggy nano which is not a one hand fold. If I would've had a one hand fold stroller, I may have stuck it out. But now with the cold weathers upon us I couldn't imagine fastening and unfastening the bunting every time I go in and out of the car.

Yes, it's a luxury because what did we do before the doona came out? Well, if one can make their life easier and can afford it, why not?

I did make a strict rule that it's not coming in to the house since I don't want to abuse it and have the baby in it for too long.

Good luck on your decision.

I live in Monsey I find it extremely heavy and rather have a big carriage.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:18 pm
I love love the doona.
So practical. I sold it afterwards for 150$ less then I paid for it, was def worth the 150$ Smile

Just a psa I’ve seen many doonas tip from bags being on them, including one baby who wasn’t strapped bec the mom said he doesn’t move around yet... Pls don’t use stroller hooks with it.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here.
Thanks for all the opinions and replies. Hear ya all loud and clear.
So now let's hear... leaving the doona aside, what are my options for regulsr strollers?
Like in a way I would like to get a good nice stroller but for someone like me who doesnt walk tons a full size one feels way too bulky.
For whatver reason I really don't like the bugaboo bee ao I wouldnt want to get that. The Joolz feels too lightweight but maybe I'm wormg there.
Would appreciate any and all suggestions again.

Uppa baby Cruz is a good option in that in between spot. I also hate the bee, needed up with a fox because I walk a lot on ahaboos but seriously considered the cruz.

If u can afford the doona it’s a no brainer…
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics