Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
PSA: No shows, Double Booking and last minute cancellations;

watergirl

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 5:04 am
Copied and pasted from Facebook just to give people a heads up. No one should be doing this in any case, but this year there is a policy in place.

From Elan Kornblum:
Foodies After Dark: Florida Edition

PSA: No shows, Double Booking and last minute cancellations; Violators will be blacklisted

Sorry guys, but we must talk about this topic again because while it goes on all the time and through out the year, it's that time again when out of towners start coming in and it has reared its ugly head once more.

I get that the people's plans change, but I am hearing from a number of restaurants that there were an inordinate amount of no shows and very last minute cancellations tonight and this past week.
It's just not right, so I'll get straight to the point. I have a WhatsApp chat with all the Florida owners that I know and we are now going to be going over the reservation and cancelation list and match them up and those who are double booking will be black listed from those restaurants. Simple as that.

And yes, more restaurants have and more restaurants will be enacting a deposit with your reservation, starting soon and during the extremely busy weeks. So please understand why.
We need to be more respectful of people's time and business. Restaurants rely on people showing up on time (at the same time), or their entire schedule is thrown off kilter. And restaurants get blamed when people show up late and then all of a sudden there are 2 reservations coming in for the same table and customers think they overbooked.

I write all this again, not just for those here. Maybe I'm naïve but I think our members here are smarter and understand this, so please say something to others if you know they are doing this and share this on your page.

I would also hope that if you did cancel your reservation, that if you didn't show up, if you double booked, that if you came late and gave the restaurant a hard time, that you would try your best, to get back there and enjoy your time, give them the business they lost and hopefully understand that this is a serious issue that we need to get better at.

Thank you.

mommish613

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 5:52 am
There are many restaurants that require a cc to
book a reservation and if not cancelled by a certain time they charge you a penalty. Perhaps all restaurants should adopt this practice…

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 6:52 am
Sometimes there is a legit reason. I had a reservation at a FL restaurant last week. We left an hour and a half early for what should be a 30-40 minute drive. Traffic was so insane that we realized we'd never get there on time. We tried calling to push back the reservation, but nobody picked up. Finally we canceled via the website. It was 40 minutes before our time, we were charged a $50 penalty. I don't really see what we could have done differently. If the restaurant doesn't want our business after that, ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette