Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Window Treatments

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 10:17 am
I am looking for window treatments for a wall of windows that look out onto a beautiful view. (think waterfront).
I need something because the room gets very hot currently with no window treatments to block/filter the sun.
I want to still be able to see the view.
Is this possible?
How would you do it?
TIA

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 10:32 am
I also have a beautiful view and I don't need window coverings for privacy. I only need to block the strong sun in the morning because of the eastern exposure.

I recently remodeled and had film applied to the windows which blocks the harmful UVA light. The film comes in all different "levels" but mine don't look dark. The company came out with different samples which I held up.

I also got shades which aren't opaque so that they block the harsh rays of the sun but I can still see a bit of what is outside. These also come in different degrees of opacity. Since I only need the shades down in the morning, it works as even though the shades aren't opaque, there is still a huge difference between shades down and the more open feel when the shades are up and nothing is blocking the light and the view.

My shades are motorized which I recommend as it is so much easier to control shades from the remote or my phone versus having to physically go to every room and deal with the shades.

I have decorative non-functional fabric drapes which soften the look of my windows but don't block the view and don't do anything but are just pretty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics