Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Outdoor toys for toddlers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:26 pm
I have a porch on a third floor, and I’m looking for outdoor toys for my 2 and 4 year old boys. (For the summer, but I have chanuka money for them now so I’m looking!)
These are the issues:
-it can’t be something with water or sand, since the door goes directly from my bedroom and I really don’t want the mess tracked in each time. So no pools, water tables, etc.
-it can’t have a chair or a ladder (like a slide) since I don’t trust my ds4 to not climb up and use it as a stool and get over the railing and fall chas vesholom.
I was thinking of a see saw or cozy coop or other ride on toy, or maybe a push toy, but I think ds4 is might be too old for ride ons and push toys by the time it’s summer. Maybe I should get more than one thing if you have ideas for either of them.
Any ideas or links? Thanks!

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a porch on a third floor, and I’m looking for outdoor toys for my 2 and 4 year old boys. (For the summer, but I have chanuka money for them now so I’m looking!)
These are the issues:
-it can’t be something with water or sand, since the door goes directly from my bedroom and I really don’t want the mess tracked in each time. So no pools, water tables, etc.
-it can’t have a chair or a ladder (like a slide) since I don’t trust my ds4 to not climb up and use it as a stool and get over the railing and fall chas vesholom.
I was thinking of a see saw or cozy coop or other ride on toy, or maybe a push toy, but I think ds4 is might be too old for ride ons and push toys by the time it’s summer. Maybe I should get more than one thing if you have ideas for either of them.
Any ideas or links? Thanks!

A cozy coop is a big no no for a porch, kids get up on top of them all the time. The only toys I keep on the porch are balls, little cars/ trucks, and a pool. No riding toys and never ever something that kids can get up on. And my kids are never on the porch unattended.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 12:24 am
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
A cozy coop is a big no no for a porch, kids get up on top of them all the time. The only toys I keep on the porch are balls, little cars/ trucks, and a pool. No riding toys and never ever something that kids can get up on. And my kids are never on the porch unattended.

Good point. I never had one before and my kids never really played with one, so I don’t know much about them. Makes sense! Thanks!
No pool for us because of the bedroom issue.
Trucks and balls are things you keep outside?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good point. I never had one before and my kids never really played with one, so I don’t know much about them. Makes sense! Thanks!
No pool for us because of the bedroom issue.
Trucks and balls are things you keep outside?

Yes, I keep them on the porch.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 12:48 am
There are teeter totters.. three seats that rock back and forth like a see saw.

gande

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 1:28 am
Plastic pretend play kitchen or toolbench or barbeque.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:18 am
gande wrote:
Plastic pretend play kitchen or toolbench or barbeque.

I love the idea, but are those waterproof or meant to be kept outdoors? We have a play kitchen but it has tiny holes that would probably not work for outside.
My son would love a tool bench!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 10:38 am
Bump.
Thanks for everyone who answered! Any other ideas?

mom!

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 11:25 am
A playhouse?
Scooters
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics