Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Going hourly pay for bookkeeper with over 20 years experienc

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 1:04 pm
I know there is a very big demand for office employees so salaries have gone up . I’m at my current job for 4 years and would like to ask for a raise . I have over 20 years of experience. What is the Going hourly pay for bookkeeper these days with that many years of experience . Tia

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 1:59 pm
You can always go on your own and charge a minimum of $60 an hour.

In an office setting with that kind of experience you should get at least $50 an hour. But they may not want to pay that much and it may be worth it for them to hire someone with less experience for the job…

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:32 pm
$60 would end up being like $125k a year working full time. That seems really high for bookkeeping.
If I had to guess I would say $40/hr, maybe $45.
But like others said they can hire someone out of seminary for a lot less, and it may not be worth it for them to pay $45 when they can pay say $28 for someone that isn't as good, but still competent.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:35 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
$60 would end up being like $125k a year working full time. That seems really high for bookkeeping.
If I had to guess I would say $40/hr, maybe $45.
But like others said they can hire someone out of seminary for a lot less, and it may not be worth it for them to pay $45 when they can pay say $28 for someone that isn't as good, but still competent.

If you go on own paying much higher tax rate so don’t keep as much. And have to take care of own overhead. Like scheduling, billing. Acquiring customers.
Has to be worth it to go on own.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 3:46 pm
I’m a bookkeeper with about 5 years experience and make around $50 hourly plus health benefits.

On my own I make $60 an hour. Both are very doable.

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 3:49 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
I’m a bookkeeper with about 5 years experience and make around $50 hourly plus health benefits.

Is this Lakewood?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:

May I ask what your level of expertise is? Are you getting $50/hour for recording deposits and paying bills or do you do higher level work?

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:16 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
Is this Lakewood?

What is your yearly take home pay?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries