Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Need to ask a shaila about getting induced- who to ask?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:01 pm
?

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:04 pm
your own rav, unless he will be unneccesarily machmir or isn't medically knowledgeable.
Are you litvish? chassidish? JPF?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:05 pm
Rabbi Forchheimer - just hard to get through. You can try in evening.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
your own rav, unless he will be unneccesarily machmir or isn't medically knowledgeable.
Are you litvish? chassidish? JPF?

Litvish. We don’t really have a rav to ask shailos too 🤷🏼‍♀️

The person we ask Niddah shailos to just does that.

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:13 pm
Rabbi Munk
Rabbi greenfield

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:14 pm
The best thing is to call the Bais Horaah. They will connect u to a RAV that will be able to be continual guidance. We did this when we first moved to Lkwd. Very helpful to have a RAV in your life ...

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:15 pm
If your Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons but you still want to ask, you can just ask any Rabbi and let them know that Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons.

I am assuming it's not that straightforward and that's why you are asking here?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:15 pm
Make sure you say all pertinent information and why your Dr wants to induce. Once any rav hears my history they tell me to follow medical advice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
If your Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons but you still want to ask, you can just ask any Rabbi and let them know that Doctor is recommending it for medical reasons.

Yeah it’s not so straightforward.

It’s convenience together with precipitous labor and a special needs child that will benefit from having arrangements made beforehand.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

No, because inducing is a very serious shaila, even for medical reason. Our dayan (chassidish) never allowed it for me, even when I had leaking waters for several days. But my doctor was always accomodating. People need a rav and doctor who know their circumstances.

Hatzlacha, OP.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:27 pm
Can I ask what halachically wrong with including?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:37 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Can I ask what halachically wrong with including?

You're bringing on labor, every child has a mazel when they are supposed to be born, inducing interferes with the mazel, things like that. I don't know if it is halacha or hashkafa or both, but I was never allowed and have had doctors tell me I must. I had to get a medical referal agency on board to get the doctor to accomodate but the doctor I changed to afterward has always been fine with it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
No, because inducing is a very serious shaila, even for medical reason. Our dayan (chassidish) never allowed it for me, even when I had leaking waters for several days. But my doctor was always accomodating. People need a rav and doctor who know their circumstances.

Hatzlacha, OP.

BH sounds like it worked out well in your situation.

Unfortunately I know someone who had a tragic ending of the story, due to not listening to medical advice with this specific question. Most mainstream rabbanim defer to trustworthy doctors with regard to medical decision making.

(But anyways, not to derail OPs thread since this is a whole separate discussion and totally not what she's asking)

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:

Hatzlacha, OP.

This is not the norm.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:47 pm
I remember when I discussed inducing with my practitioner (I was 10 days overdue with my DD - B"H went into labor on my own before actually needing induction) she told me that she has never had any issues with "your Rabbis" when she felt that induction was medically necessary.

mizle10

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:54 pm
I can't imagine a competent rav going against medical advise.

I've been told by my rav to induce when necessary, but when my obgyn said we would like to induce you Monday, if you prefer I can squeeze you in this week my rav said wait until Monday.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:55 pm
I don’t understand why this is a question I was induced with every birth all for different reasons. I never asked my fav snd yes I ask Things that I feel I need to and I don’t think he would’ve disagreed with my doctors anyway. If you’re rav It’s not comfortable answering such a question he will guide you to someone who can.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 2:57 pm
The only pushback to getting induced I ever got from my rav is to make sure dr is scheduling for right time and not to early for his convinience.
One of my friends once asked and dr explained could wait 2 more days. But that is the super bowl.

Most drs who service many frum women know they ask. A funny story - my friend dr told her she needs support hose. She asked where to get. He said call the wife of the rabbi you all call about being induce. (Many years ago Mrs Forchheimer was the only place to buy support hose in lkwd)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 3:00 pm
The thing is that my dr didn’t say I have to get induced.
She said medically I can be induced because of how quick my labors are.
It also really works for me due to my trauma from previous labors because of how fast and intense they were plus my SN child can be placed in a safe accommodation if I know when I’m going to have the baby.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 3:26 pm
There is a Chabad rav in Australia - rabbi yehoram Ulman - who is very well versed in fertility and women issues and is really kind and great to speak to.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries