Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Luminaries at Brookfield place

proudmomma

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:25 pm
Hi!
Has anyone been and can tell me more about it?
It looks really cool!
Is it appropriate for children?
Do you need to show a vaccination card?
Thanks!

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:27 pm
Pretty sure it’s just holiday lights. I’ve considered going but I love uptown and it doesn’t seem worth the trip. It’s a mall so no need for vaccine

proudmomma

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 10:52 pm
Thanks for responding! I understood that it's a bunch of colored lanterns which light upin a light show every hour. Are you sure it's holiday lights?
Anyone actually been there?

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:07 pm
proudmomma wrote:
Thanks for responding! I understood that it's a bunch of colored lanterns which light upin a light show every hour. Are you sure it's holiday lights?
Anyone actually been there?

Lanterns yes but it’s not done in April or July. It’s done now for the holidays. Similar to the ones at Columbus circle mall (those are stars) that’s a light show every hour. Both are done to holiday music

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 11:48 pm
There is holiday music once in a while. the beginning of every hour is a light show set to holiday music. The rest is sporadic bursts of music and lights changing color. There's nice instrumentals too. I didn't have to show a vaccination card or wear a mask when I went but no guarantees. It is really enjoyable to sit and relax and watch! Highly recommend it!

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 10:05 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
There is holiday music once in a while. the beginning of every hour is a light show set to holiday music. The rest is sporadic bursts of music and lights changing color. There's nice instrumentals too. I didn't have to show a vaccination card or wear a mask when I went but no guarantees. It is really enjoyable to sit and relax and watch! Highly recommend it!

Thanks for responding!
Is it appropriate for kids?

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 11:58 am
proudmomma wrote:
Thanks for responding!
Is it appropriate for kids?

Kids would love it. It's fully appropriate as long as you're comfortable with the exposure to holiday music (which I personally feel is no worse and even a lot better than most non-Jewish music played in malls)

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:34 pm
I work near by and see all their exhibits. they're fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries