Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos Basya high school
Previous  1  2

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 1:15 pm
If the school is careful to pick good girls, and good teachers, going to a New School is a great advantage.

The school is anxious to build a good reputation, so they will go out to make students and parents happy.

Girls in big schools are often overlooked and never given parts in plays or given a "choshuv" job.

In a small school, every girl is important and given a chance to shine!

small bean

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 1:37 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I hear that.
My daughter was wondering.. what happens to a school that only has a ninth grade? No GO? No productions?
Is it kind of blah that there aren’t any other grades? Is it hard to be in a brand new school opening for the very first time and being the Guinea pigs that the administration is learning on?
She might very well have to go to a new school as she doesn’t have siblings in any other lakewood high school and I want to know what to tell her.

They will have all the extra curiculae including a play on a smaller scale. It is usually fun to be part of a small high school. I was a 2nd class with 19 girls.

Just to know that in Lakewood you have to want to send to where you apply because the vaad can only make you go to one of the places. They can offer other schools, but you dont need to say, yes. As long as your patient, you will get 1/4 that you apply to. The point is dont panic or make resigned decisions.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 12:06 am
small bean wrote:

Just to know that in Lakewood you have to want to send to where you apply because the vaad can only make you go to one of the places. They can offer other schools, but you dont need to say, yes. As long as your patient, you will get 1/4 that you apply to. The point is dont panic or make resigned decisions.

How patient do you have to be? Chanuka? What happens if were you applied would not give you an interview?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 12:20 pm
Bump

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 12:59 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
How patient do you have to be? Chanuka? What happens if were you applied would not give you an interview?

I think the schools do call you for an interview. That is not the problem in Lakewood. The problem might be if you don’t hear from them after the interview. At that point you need to have people intervene on your behalf.

momandteacher

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 1:06 pm
To answer OP's question about location, it's in Tiferes BY's building on Oak.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 1:17 pm
momandteacher wrote:
To answer OP's question about location, it's in Tiferes BY's building on Oak.

Do you have a daughter there? Do you teach there?

momandteacher

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 1:26 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Do you have a daughter there? Do you teach there?

Neither. I was once at a simcha in Tiferes' hall and I saw Bnos Basya's sign.I know almost nothing else about it, sorry.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:46 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I think the schools do call you for an interview. That is not the problem in Lakewood. The problem might be if you don’t hear from them after the interview. At that point you need to have people intervene on your behalf.

Just because you applied there does not mean you will get an interview. I am talking from experience.

Speaking of Chanuka the last girl in my daughter class got into a school the weak before Chanuka

small bean

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:15 pm
To clarify about until what point do you wait. First of all, you dont go somewhere that wouldnt work for you for 4 years for an uncomofortable few months but really there are second chances for schools you didnt originally apply to in the summer. Meaning lets say for now you dont want to send to bnos basya, in the summer the vaad may ask if you want to now. If you decide you want to than you will have opportunity then. If you decide you want to wait, you can. But the 4 schools you apply to are not negotiable, so if they can get you in to one of tjose, you will have to go.

I was asked if I would consider 4 schools, we didnt apply to. I said no, all 4 times and dont regret my decision.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:26 pm
small bean wrote:
To clarify about until what point do you wait. First of all, you dont go somewhere that wouldnt work for you for 4 years for an uncomofortable few months but really there are second chances for schools you didnt originally apply to in the summer. Meaning lets say for now you dont want to send to bnos basya, in the summer the vaad may ask if you want to now. If you decide you want to than you will have opportunity then. If you decide you want to wait, you can. But the 4 schools you apply to are not negotiable, so if they can get you in to one of tjose, you will have to go.

I was asked if I would consider 4 schools, we didnt apply to. I said no, all 4 times and dont regret my decision.

Are people going to ask for bnos basya? It has all of 10 girls now. Or is this going to be a choice that the vaad will eventually ask if you want? I know it was a last minute school for this year…

Honestly most of us who are not sure which high school we want our daughters to go to is because they are the oldest. We really don’t know where they will be happy. Most of us don’t have that one school that we are dying for our girls to get into. We have a few maybes but we really don’t know.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Are people going to ask for bnos basya? It has all of 10 girls now. Or is this going to be a choice that the vaad will eventually ask if you want? I know it was a last minute school for this year…

Honestly most of us who are not sure which high school we want our daughters to go to is because they are the oldest. We really don’t know where they will be happy. Most of us don’t have that one school that we are dying for our girls to get into. We have a few maybes but we really don’t know.

Yup.
My 8th grader is my oldest and only girl.
I really dont know which H.S. to apply to or do I even have specific preference even..

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:09 pm
small bean wrote:
They will have all the extra curiculae including a play on a smaller scale. It is usually fun to be part of a small high school. I was a 2nd class with 19 girls.

That is not necessarily true. Once the vaad offers you a place, they don’t feel obligated to offer anything else.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:28 pm
Who is the owner or founder of the school?

small bean

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:28 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
That is not necessarily true. Once the vaad offers you a place, they don’t feel obligated to offer anything else.

Just went thru this last year and this is how it works. The vaad will not force you to go somewhere you didnt apply to. They will ask you, you can say no and they will continue to work for you.

Those not sure where to apply talk to your elementary school and see what they reccommend. Find out the basics about each school and then just pick 4.

I didnt have a specific school and then after the interviews I did have a preference and then overtime I really didnt want to send there amd ultimately did not send there.

small bean

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
Who is the owner or founder of the school?

Moshe Bender

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 1:05 am
Does anyone know what type of girls will be going there this coming year?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries