Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
New sheitel wwyd UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:45 pm
Right
You can be nice and still speak up. A good sheitel macher knows to go slow and check in with the client. They know it doesn’t grow back!!!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:49 pm
so sorry OP
I went to a SM who cut my straight bangs so uneven. so angry and upset about it. and even more angry at myself for not speaking up.

I hope hashem puts the right words in your mouth and please update us tomorrow with what she says Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 11:09 pm
really appreciate all of you wonderful women!

I want to speak up for myself because I feel like it's something I need to work on even more than the actual wig.
I'm the type that would be like " oh you cut off a part of my ear while cutting, It's fine. I still have most of my ear anyway. I can totally still hear..."
Even today at the SM, while she was combing the wig she brushed strongly over my ear and when she took a bathroom break I noticed that she combed off my earing. So I went to look for it in the pile of hair on the floor. When she came out I was like "I'm just looking for my earing. I think it might have fallen out when you brushed the sheitel. It's totally ok if I can't find it. It doesn't have a real diamond anyway. I don't want to keep you, just looking really quick through the dirt pile. " bh found it but sometimes I am so rediculous.
It's so hard for me to be firm, I think I need to say something because I need to work out this muscle.

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 11:21 pm
I hear you op!
Yes you are so right!
Practice go for it and report back your success!
No matter the outcome yes you will feel better for having spoken up.
Hugs and hatzlocha!

twizzlers1

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 1:49 am
I also had an experience like this but luckily it was with a cheaper quick. She just started cutting and it was way shorter than I wanted. I still wear it and I even like it but I now know that when I go in I tell them to literally start by cutting 1 cm at a time. I hope that you either really like it or that you can sell it. If it's brand new and never worn maybe you could get even most of your money back by selling it and then getting something that you really like. I know what it's like to save up for one and then be disappointed.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 2:10 am
Maybe you should sell it on EBay? Where do you live? If you live in the Queens area I could add you to some buy and sell group chats where people sell things they don’t need and many people try to sell their wigs and many successfully have.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 3:53 pm
I had a similar situation and was resentful every time I wore it.
Definitely go back, she can possibly sell it as a precut.
She shouldn’t have touched the length without asking you first/ communicating as she cut.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 4:33 pm
I got a new wig for daughter's wedding. It didn't hold a set. I went back for baby hairs. I went back for a perm.

I finally decided enough spending my life worrying about this! And switched to tichels!
I just love choosing the colors & accessories every day & I feel really beautiful in them (which was not always the case when a wig was misbehaving, turning brassy, etc etc) I am so glad to be out of that rat race!

Just sayin'

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 5:11 pm
so start a spin off

Op how are you doing?

applesbananas

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 5:22 pm
Hi op. Feel free to pm me re the following but I’ll post as much info as I have here - a girl I know does hair in Lkwd her instagram is something like hair wigs by huva or something to a similar effect. U can PM for her #. She has a decent size Instagram and WhatsApp following. She started selling second hand wigs but she’s very selective about what she takes. She basically only takes brand new wigs or very lightly worn. She just sold something for someone I know In 2 days. She only takes a few wigs at a time and focuses on those so it’s not mayhem. Food for thought

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:42 pm
So I got the courage, called the office, and explained that I am not happy. They told me to come in and show it to them. I did. The secretary said that it is totally not short and she doesn't see my problem. I wasn't demanding of accusing but I held my own saying that to me this is short and she should've communicated better that this is the length she is going to cut and see if I'm ok with it.

They told me that there is nothing they can do. I wasn't going to demand anything, but I did make it clear that I am disappointed. I asked them to make it straight so it wouldn't be a wedding sheitel that I wanted and I'll wear it for every day. So I made an appointment for next day.

I went back today, she had it done straight. It looked ok. Nothing like what I imagined. I told her my issue. She gave me a whole speech that she won't take responsibility because she did nothing wrong. If I needed a certain length then I needed to bring in another wig exactly .... and when people buy a dress they need to be specific... I told her that if she isn't taking any responsibility than I really don't want to discuss it with her anymore but I wish she would communicate better before cutting...

As I am leaving, I feel tears at the corner of my eyes. I feel disappointed... misunderstood... I stood up for myself and it just made me feel silly... I'm about to leave when they say, wait you didn't pay for your wash and set! wait , what? Yeah it's 80 bucks. I was sure it's a misunderstanding. I just bought it, never wore it, didn't like it... They went to ask the sheitel macher and she said she will give me a 20 discount. My hands were literally shaking as I wrote the check. I just wrote the dollar amount and signed it.

I felt like I had to say something before I leave. I needed a drop of sympathy from someone. I told the secretary that took the money, " I just really wish that someone would care that I am unhappy. I don't get a new wig every day. This was a big purchase for me and I am really disappointed with my new sheitel and nobody cares. " I felt my eyes filling with tears so I quickly left.

I sat in car for a few minutes. Had a good cry. And now I'm ready to move on and enjoy my new fresh bob sheitel.

This incident reminded me why I hate buying sheitels and Why I hate standing up for myself.

Thank for listening to my long long vent!

Rubies

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:44 pm
Be proud! One day speaking up will get easier.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I got the courage, called the office, and explained that I am not happy. They told me to come in and show it to them. I did. The secretary said that it is totally not short and she doesn't see my problem. I wasn't demanding of accusing but I held my own saying that to me this is short and she should've communicated better that this is the length she is going to cut and see if I'm ok with it.

They told me that there is nothing they can do. I wasn't going to demand anything, but I did make it clear that I am disappointed. I asked them to make it straight so it wouldn't be a wedding sheitel that I wanted and I'll wear it for every day. So I made an appointment for next day.

I went back today, she had it done straight. It looked ok. Nothing like what I imagined. I told her my issue. She gave me a whole speech that she won't take responsibility because she did nothing wrong. If I needed a certain length then I needed to bring in another wig exactly .... and when people buy a dress they need to be specific... I told her that if she isn't taking any responsibility than I really don't want to discuss it with her anymore but I wish she would communicate better before cutting...

As I am leaving, I feel tears at the corner of my eyes. I feel disappointed... misunderstood... I stood up for myself and it just made me feel silly... I'm about to leave when they say, wait you didn't pay for your wash and set! wait , what? Yeah it's 80 bucks. I was sure it's a misunderstanding. I just bought it, never wore it, didn't like it... They went to ask the sheitel macher and she said she will give me a 20 discount. My hands were literally shaking as I wrote the check. I just wrote the dollar amount and signed it.

I felt like I had to say something before I leave. I needed a drop of sympathy from someone. I told the secretary that took the money, " I just really wish that someone would care that I am unhappy. I don't get a new wig every day. This was a big purchase for me and I am really disappointed with my new sheitel and nobody cares. " I felt my eyes filling with tears so I quickly left.

I sat in car for a few minutes. Had a good cry. And now I'm ready to move on and enjoy my new fresh bob sheitel.

This incident reminded me why I hate buying sheitels and Why I hate standing up for myself.

Thank for listening to my long long vent!

I'm so sorry. This is so wrong. I can't believe they charged you for a wash and set after all that! What chutzpah!

It is her responsibility to make sure you're happy with the length before she cuts. When I buy a new wig, wich is very infrequent, I only buy from my trusted sheitel macher who I've been using for years. I won't buy at a sale from someone I don't know.

She has me stand up and she shows me in the mirror how long it will be, because she says it's harder to see when you're sitting. Then she cuts it longer than I want and she gives me a grace period during which she'll cut it shorter if it's too long. She always says that its a huge responsibility to cut someone's wig, because you can't put the hair back. And that's why I trust her.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:48 pm
I'm so sorry OP!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:52 pm
Hugs op. That sheital machar sounds awful. Not because she made a mistake but because of her attitude after.

Good for you for standing up for yourself. If you didn't, you'd constantly think "what if"

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:53 pm
OP, good for you! You deserve a special treat! You can't control other peoples reactions however, you can try to do what you think is right.

I don't understand how that sm gets away with these things. It's one thing to tell a customer that they can't do anything with the wig, it's another thing to have no compassion and caring.

You can tell a customer that you apologize that the wig came out shorter than you would have liked, you can feel bad for the customer and be nice about it even if you're not going to give them a new wig.

octopus

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:55 pm
This is what happened to me. When I finally expressed my dislike of my new shaitel, they made me pay for every stupid thing. And it still looked bad. I gave up on that shaitel and went to a different person two years later and bought a different shaitel. That shaitel macher completely lost my business. I'm sure she doesn't care.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:56 pm
I’m so sorry that happened to you. You’re not foolish for speaking up- you’re brave and confident.

momof2+?

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 12:58 pm
Oy! I’m so sorry for how this turned out, but it truthfully was how I would have expected it to turn out. What a shame.
You should still be proud of your courage to go back and tell her how you feel.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 14 2021, 1:03 pm
Thank you all so much for your support.
I actually do feel better that I expressed how I feel to them. Her lack of sympathy and validation is on her. I have said my part and feel ready to move on and to put it in perspective.

Really thank all of you, knowing that you all have my back gave me courage!
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics