Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Att Monroe imas
Previous  1  2

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:48 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
I agree with that.
Village of South blooming grove is at the edge of town bordering Monroe. So it's close enough.
But I also more densely populated.

Highland area is very very close to MW but check around to make sure you'll have a minyan on shabbos.
Some areas around Highland lake estates still need to import Wink guests every week to have a minyan within walking distance. You will have more privacy though from your jewish neighbors.

Wherever you go, before you sign anything check around about tye neighbors.
Some ppl around here really hate seeing a jew in their neighborhood.
My kid's were well educated in the nazi salute and many choice words in the first few years we moved. Bh those ppl moved but it was very unsettling. There is still someone a mile down that will drive around in his atv in the summertime and solute and yell heil Hitler.
So ask around about that too.

My relative in Highland mills had similar when they moved in. Now, 4 years later bh those ppl have moved out.

I live in KJ but I'm petrified to walk in Town even by the lake because people yell horrible things sometimes or the way they look. Obviously most do not yell but they all hate us. So much sina.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:49 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
I agree with that.
Village of South blooming grove is at the edge of town bordering Monroe. So it's close enough.
But I also more densely populated.

Highland area is very very close to MW but check around to make sure you'll have a minyan on shabbos.
Some areas around Highland lake estates still need to import Wink guests every week to have a minyan within walking distance. You will have more privacy though from your jewish neighbors.

Wherever you go, before you sign anything check around about tye neighbors.
Some ppl around here really hate seeing a jew in their neighborhood.
My kid's were well educated in the nazi salute and many choice words in the first few years we moved. Bh those ppl moved but it was very unsettling. There is still someone a mile down that will drive around in his atv in the summertime and solute and yell heil Hitler.
So ask around about that too.

My relative in Highland mills had similar when they moved in. Now, 4 years later bh those ppl have moved out.

Wow. That’s horrible

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
I live in KJ but I'm petrified to walk in Town even by the lake because people yell horrible things sometimes or the way they look. Obviously most do not yell but they all hate us. So much sina.

Why? Are the Monroe ppl extra anti Semitic or what

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why? Are the Monroe ppl extra anti Semitic or what

Yes, non jews in the Monroe surrounding areas where jews are settling and extremely anti semitic.
We rented a summer home in one of the areas, the neighbors had afew huge dogs that they constantly let out to chase us and the kids.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:

It's wherever you go.

When we lived in the city, I was so desensitized to it all. It was so normal to walk down the streets in bklyn or Manhattan and hear someone muttering under their breath nasty stuff "fn jews" or "Hitler didn't do a good enough job" I'd literally laugh it off. The subways were the worst. I'm not sure how my parents were ok with me riding the subway alone as a kid. But I digress.

But now, because we live in relative peace and tranquility, every such incident shakes me to the core.
I remember standing on the street in Brooklyn a year ago near some projects ajd there was this guy on the cell having a conversation, every third word was not not curse word.... dh came to get me I said I need a full head flush a detox. It literally made me sick. While in the past I probably wouldn't have heard it...

I am bh really lucky with my neighbors. A HUGE percentage of my neighborhood is Jewish, mostly unaffiliated. Our previous owners were nice very proud conservative jews. My next door neighbors, one intermarried, the other is reform. Both in their 70s -80s they are really nice poeple and we live peacefully here. My kids love playing with their cute little puppy through the fence (she's a wild card so they keep her contained. Lol) and ironically we meet in shoprite often.
Lots of nice poeple around here. But these few bad apples....

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree with you but hub insists he wants to stay in Monroe. We’ll send to Monsey schools, why will it be an issue

Why would it make sense for multiple kids to be (somehow?) commuting to school in monsey instead of your husband commuting 25 min to work each day.

My sister in law works in the Monroe public school and there are multiple carpools, lots of monsey ppl work there. There’s also a bus monsey Monroe and you can make your schedule around that.

Monroe is by definition not diverse but monsey is.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 10:16 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
Yes, non jews in the Monroe surrounding areas where jews are settling and extremely anti semitic.
We rented a summer home in one of the areas, the neighbors had afew huge dogs that they constantly let out to chase us and the kids.

A lot of nasty retired nyc cops and detectives in woodbury/Highland mills btw.
The village of South blooming grove was created 15+ years ago to create laws that will prevent/deter jews from moving to the area.... jokes on them. We keep winning the votes bh and election jews or poeple who will help us grow. Now that we're in village and such a big percentage they can't desolve it anymore, although I know they tried. It's actually great for us, and coming back to bite them in the rear.

A lot of these ppl sold their house and moved on.

Also a LOT of hate actually comes from some Jewish people unfortunately.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:06 am
Wherever you go, if it's close to KJ good luck finding an apartment! There's literally nothing on the market.

Artistmom

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:01 pm
I am not sure how this platform works but I chanced upon this convo I can help you with a rental in the brigadoon area and more info if your still looking for a place there. this this platform have Dm options?

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:39 pm
Op, come to SBG. I need more neighbors!

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:51 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:

I've been there for the summer. My neighbors ALL had dogs, and one told me that their friends complain they cant let the dogs out bec. the neighbors scream and run, and the dogs go wild. I dont think they're trying to get their dogs to chase you. My kids dont have a problem with dogs. Its one of the things that seem to be an issue with neighbors.
They used to have a "neighborhood" and we're taking over. Its natural that there would be some resentment, given that we dont really hang out with them, we're not part of their neighborhood in that way. We come off as unfriendly.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:45 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I've been there for the summer. My neighbors ALL had dogs, and one told me that their friends complain they cant let the dogs out bec. the neighbors scream and run, and the dogs go wild. I dont think they're trying to get their dogs to chase you. My kids dont have a problem with dogs. Its one of the things that seem to be an issue with neighbors.
They used to have a "neighborhood" and we're taking over. Its natural that there would be some resentment, given that we dont really hang out with them, we're not part of their neighborhood in that way. We come off as unfriendly.

No one was running away or screaming.
We were sitting on the lawn and the dogs came charging towards us literally out of no where. We looked up and saw the neighbors laughing and pointing from across the street. It wasn't a one time happening either.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:15 am
Hey OP! If you're still looking come be my neighbor in Chester. We have a wonderful little community and we love meeting and getting to know new people.

copypaste

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:46 am
Hi, just came across this chat I know I'm late but woodbury junction is in the outskirts of KJ and is walking distance to monroe woodbury school. There's few rental houses there. Abt 150 families live there all year round. And more are coming......

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 2:15 pm
Off topic but where are jobs in Monroe listed?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating