Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chuzzik please.My child heard me talking to his rebbe
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 11:55 am
taketwo wrote:
You can't truly trust their character if you believe there is a risk of a. A teacher holding a grudge against A child and B. The teacher being so shallow as to look down upon a child who is struggling.

Teachers are human.

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
Teachers are human.

Teachers are human. Humans can be compassionate and understanding. I should hope those working with kids have these traits. Any teacher should understand the nature of children, or else they are in the wrong profession.

Last edited by taketwo on Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 11:57 am
taketwo wrote:
Wouldn't it be embarrassing too if your child heard you speaking about hem with your therapist, rabbi or close relative?

Much less so if it's someone the child doesn't know and has nothing to do with. I wouldn't speak to a close relative.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:00 pm
taketwo wrote:
Can you please delete my 2nd and 3rd paragraph from your quote.

Teachers are human. Humans can be compassionate and understanding. I should hope those working with kids have these traits. Any teacher should understand the nature of children, or else they are in the wrong profession.

There are ideals, and there is reality.

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:00 pm
taketwo wrote:

I just want to add, I'm not denying there are exceptions to the rule. Obviously this conversation should only take place if you know your child's teacher/rebbe to be the above.

tp3

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:01 pm
taketwo wrote:
Wouldn't it be embarrassing too if your child heard you speaking about hem with your therapist, rabbi or close relative?

It's a different level of embarrassment. The child has to sit in front of the teacher every day for the rest of the year.

Recently my (teen) son's principal said something to my son I didn't like, didn't agree with, and I wanted to speak my mind. My son told me he would be so embarrased I would have to find him a different school. I told my son that what his principal said is not okay but I will respect his feelings and not call.

When this son was going through a difficult preteen stage, of course I called a parenting expert. I had no idea what I was doing or how to proceed. And there was no way he'd find out.

A close relative, no. Not their business and too close for my son's comfort.

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
There are ideals, and there is reality.

I'm so sorry. That relative clearly let you down and that's not okay. The teachers I'm thinking of would not do so. Maybe I'm lucky I knows such people BH.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:04 pm
I didnt read through the whole thread but WOW are you a great mother! Like WOW!

Maryann

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:05 pm
Zehava wrote:
Do not have these conversations at all

Last edited by Maryann on Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:05 pm
tp3 wrote:
It's a different level of embarrassment. The child has to sit in front of the teacher every day for the rest of the year.

Recently my (teen) son's principal said something to my son I didn't like, didn't agree with, and I wanted to speak my mind. My son told me he would be so embarrased I would have to find him a different school. I told my son that what his principal said is not okay but I will respect his feelings and not call.

When this son was going through a difficult preteen stage, of course I called a parenting expert. I had no idea what I was doing or how to proceed. And there was no way he'd find out.

A close relative, no. Not their business and too close for my son's comfort.

I hear your point. I still disagree with that it's not okay to talk with your child's rebbe. I think it's okay even if your child would be embarrassed if theh found out. Obviously that's only if the benefits are important enough. I'm not talking Stam to vent or complain. Only regarding a productive conversation to better your sons life.

Edited to add, and of course you do everything you can that he should not find out.

Last edited by taketwo on Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:07 pm
taketwo wrote:

And wouldn’t it be embarrassing to you if you heard your child speak about you negatively to his teacher, therapist, or close friend?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:08 pm
taketwo wrote:

Many teachers are in the wrong profession.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:10 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
And wouldn’t it be embarrassing to you if you heard your child speak about you negatively to his teacher, therapist, or close friend?

Yes. But I would understand it's productivity. And his right. Kids say all sorts of things about their home life in school.

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:11 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Many teachers are in the wrong profession.

I guess I'm lucky where I am BH. This thread is giving me a new appreciation for the school I chose for my children and the people people work with.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:18 pm
taketwo wrote:
I guess I'm lucky where I am BH. This thread is giving me a new appreciation for the school I chose for my children and the people people work with.

You are. Most of my teachers got their jobs because they were Rebbish and it doesn’t pass them to work in an office 🙄

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:23 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
You are. Most of my teachers got their jobs because they were Rebbish and it doesn’t pass them to work in an office 🙄

Crying

simba

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:23 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:

That’s sad. BH my boys have great Rebbeim this years.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 12:33 pm
Btw I have dealt with probably dozens of teachers over the years, and I would say the vast majority are either excellent or okay, very few are really not great.

But I always have to be my child's advocate when it comes to people they deal with day after day.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics