Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3 28  29  30  Next

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 3:19 pm
fiji wrote:
Can someone post a recap of this weeks chapter?

They’re finally talking openly about stuff like a real husband and wife.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 11:27 pm
So this serial has finally ended. I have to say I really enjoyed reading it each week and watching Chava conquer one inner struggle after the next and having the strength to overcome when she was up against so much.
However, at the end of the day, after all is said and done, as much as her parents were angry at her and giving her the cold shoulder, they were still paying all her many legal and living expenses, as well as therapy, and that's a huge thing which I don't know how many others out there would have.
Many in such difficult situations are cut off financially and reduced to either less than optimal care or the chesed and tzedakah of strangers.
Great story!

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 11:30 pm
I feel it was mostly repetitious and very dragged out. Would’ve enjoyed it more if it would’ve been shorter and to the point.
Also I stayed with unanswered questions even after 2 years of reading it. Who gave him the drugs, for one?

agreer

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 12:35 am
I loved the ending, as I think it came full circle, but I do think these needs an epilogue or a "ten years later" type of thing to make it really satisfying.

I also want to know who gave him the drugs...but I don't think that's the point of the story.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 7:42 am
agreer wrote:
I loved the ending, as I think it came full circle, but I do think these needs an epilogue or a "ten years later" type of thing to make it really satisfying.

I also want to know who gave him the drugs...but I don't think that's the point of the story.

its important because I dont think chava should trust him untill she knows who gave it to him.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
its important because I dont think chava should trust him untill she knows who gave it to him.

And for many more reasons. His behavior in prison was questionable too. He didn’t seem very trustworthy to me.

Genius

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:

I can’t see how her trust in her husband is in any way related to this information.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 10:56 pm
Can someone post a recap of the last couple of episodes?

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:00 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Can someone post a recap of the last couple of episodes?

There were no big changes the past few weeks and now her husband came home for prison. The story ended.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:10 pm
The last I read, she had called her therapist who advised her to accept help from her father to continue with the top tier lawyer, and gave her some strategies for how to respond to her father.

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:20 pm
Genius wrote:
I can’t see how her trust in her husband is in any way related to this information.

As in knowing he shared the details with her.
They can't have a trusting marriage if he feels the need to hide things from her.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:25 pm
Usually in a serial you get to know other characters' point of view. But here we only heard Chava's side of the story. I would have loved to know what was going on with Sholom

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 6:46 pm
I followed this story weekly. I missed the Ami two weeks ago, and don't see the story anymore. I'm curious what happened two weeks ago amd is did the story end? How?
Please share

Genius

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 6:50 pm
Chava waited outside the prison and told shalom “let’s go home”.
The end

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Apr 02 2022, 5:27 pm
This serial was poorly written. There wasn't a cohesive plot, it was extremely repetitive and boring and the English writing style was low grade and unprofessional.

I cannot believe Ami allowed this to run for so long. Mishpacha would never have allowed this serial. Their language style is on a higher level.

This serial ran back to back with SEE YOU and contrasted, it looked even worse.

Chloe22

Post Sat, Apr 02 2022, 8:47 pm
There are too many loose ends. I think Chava should have left Shulem. Shulem didn't show Chava that she could trust him.

amother
Geranium

Post Sat, Apr 02 2022, 9:38 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
This serial was poorly written. There wasn't a cohesive plot, it was extremely repetitive and boring and the English writing style was low grade and unprofessional.

I cannot believe Ami allowed this to run for so long. Mishpacha would never have allowed this serial. Their language style is on a higher level.

This serial ran back to back with SEE YOU and contrasted, it looked even worse.

Wow. I’m a published author and I think the exact opposite. I enjoyed this story so much and I felt see you was comparatively melodramatic, repetitive and not grounded in reality.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Apr 02 2022, 10:46 pm
Genius wrote:
Chava waited outside the prison and told shalom “let’s go home”.
The end

That's it? Nothing about where they'll be living? If Shalom will be a good husband and how their lives will go at least in the beginning?

imafriend

Post Sat, Apr 02 2022, 11:16 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Wow. I’m a published author and I think the exact opposite. I enjoyed this story so much and I felt see you was comparatively melodramatic, repetitive and not grounded in reality.

Not sure what a publisher author has to do with this.
But as a reader who skipped multiple weeks, I felt like I didn't miss anything.
I was also never curious about what would happen in the next chapter.
I'm the type of person who eats books and would stay up all night to finish out of curiosity.
Imo this plot had so much potential but fell short with it's delivery.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 1:29 am
I loved the serial!!!
Page 29 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room