Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Seit grouping (New York)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 5:31 pm
I was recently asked by the school I work in if I would group my student with another one in the classroom that was just approved for seit (both are allowed to be grouped according to their IEPs).

I've never done that before. Is it worth it?
I'm assuming the agency would pay more for that? How much can I ask for? (in the past I was underpaid for things just bec I didn't realize I could ask for more so would like to know this before)

For curiousity - how much does the agency itself get paid if I do a group? Do they get double? Or less?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 6:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was recently asked by the school I work in if I would group my student with another one in the classroom that was just approved for seit (both are allowed to be grouped according to their IEPs).

I've never done that before. Is it worth it?
I'm assuming the agency would pay more for that? How much can I ask for? (in the past I was underpaid for things just bec I didn't realize I could ask for more so would like to know this before)

For curiousity - how much does the agency itself get paid if I do a group? Do they get double? Or less?

Where on the IEP does it say the SEIT can be grouped?
Asking because my child has an iEP..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 8:33 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Where on the IEP does it say the SEIT can be grouped?
Asking because my child has an iEP..

Look at the first page where it says all the services your child is entitled to. Next to where it says SEIT and the amount of hours, it should have in parentheses. 1:1 or 2:1 or 3:1 and ect (depending on what group size is allowed)

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 8:40 pm
A few years ago, I was paid only ten dollars more for adding a child to a group.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 8:48 pm
Agencies receive reimbursement from doe per half hour session as follows:
$41 group of 1
$69 group of 2
$91 group of 3

You can access this online but I don’t know how to link

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:50 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
A few years ago, I was paid only ten dollars more for adding a child to a group.

Thanks. Good to know this.
Would love to hear from others as well if possible (bec different agencies probably vary, plus it's a few later)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
Agencies receive reimbursement from doe per half hour session as follows:
$41 group of 1
$69 group of 2
$91 group of 3

You can access this online but I don’t know how to link

Thanks. That's the rate for Setts (ages 5+) I work as a SEIT (ages 3-5) I don't think the rates are the same.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 10:25 pm
This is the seit rate. I posted the half hour rates you can double the numbers to get the hourly rate. Setts is much less per half hour

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 10:28 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
This is the seit rate. I posted the half hour rates you can double the numbers to get the hourly rate. Setts is much less per half hour

Thanks!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Look at the first page where it says all the services your child is entitled to. Next to where it says SEIT and the amount of hours, it should have in parentheses. 1:1 or 2:1 or 3:1 and ect (depending on what group size is allowed)

Interesting, I checked.
Mine just says SEIT (xx hours)
(For other services it does say the ratio, for example OT 2:30:1)

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 8:58 am
I never did in person grouping before (usually at this time of year therapists are barely "full" yet)
this year....at least at my center... it seems there is a seit shortage and I was asked if I would be willing to group kids if I can. so far they weren't able to do it.
during covid I did a group of 2 (twins) over zoom and they paid me $15 more per hour.

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
I never did in person grouping before (usually at this time of year therapists are barely "full" yet)
this year....at least at my center... it seems there is a seit shortage and I was asked if I would be willing to group kids if I can. so far they weren't able to do it.
during covid I did a group of 2 (twins) over zoom and they paid me $15 more per hour.
I’m curious which agency if you don’t mind sharing.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 5:43 pm
YVY.
How about you?
However -- keep in mind this may not be a regular rate. During COVID (and I meant march 2020-june 2020), they barely had seits working so may have given a better incentive because they were desperate.

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 5:52 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:

Same

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 9:36 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
YVY.
How about you?

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics