Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Name that Kiwi13! (I need a pen name)
Previous  1  2  3  4

jerusalem90

Post Sat, Dec 11 2021, 11:52 pm
Hi! I didn't read all the answers. If I wanted a pen name, I'd pick something unusual enough to be memorable, while not being hard to remember or pronounce.

Just personally, I wouldn't pick Lori as a first name, because there is already a pretty famous author named Lori (Gottlieb).

Do you like Zea? Nova?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 8:20 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
Hi! I didn't read all the answers. If I wanted a pen name, I'd pick something unusual enough to be memorable, while not being hard to remember or pronounce.

Just personally, I wouldn't pick Lori as a first name, because there is already a pretty famous author named Lori (Gottlieb).

Do you like Zea? Nova?

There are lots of Loris in the world. Palatnik, too. I wouldn't let that stop you. What about an alternate spelling, like Laurie?
And I suggested Macdonald (MacDonald) as a surname. I know, you want something possibly Jewish, right? How about Macdonaldstein? Smile

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:54 pm
I still really like Lori. The last name should be memorable. I want something solid sounding. Something un-silly. Just a normal name, but memorable and different enough (ie. not Lori Smith or Lori Adams)

Lori Russett

Lori Goulden

Lori Elder

Lori Aldridge

Lori Emmerline...

Those are all decent options on google.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:58 pm
Okay, what about Lori Arlin? I like it. Arlin is the last name of the MC from my new book, but I'm taking it for me. She can get a new one. ;-)

Thoughts before I go all in on Arlin?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:17 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Okay, what about Lori Arlin? I like it. Arlin is the last name of the MC from my new book, but I'm taking it for me. She can get a new one. ;-)

Thoughts before I go all in on Arlin?

Hey, maybe we get some ruach hakodesh when we pick our pseudonyms. Sleep on it. I think you'll like it tomorrow AM.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:20 pm
Does it sound good? Memorable? Fulfils the reasoning? If so, I think Lori Arlin might be it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 1:30 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Does it sound good? Memorable? Fulfils the reasoning? If so, I think Lori Arlin might be it.

You do seem to favor certain consonants. But you have to own it.
Do you have an agent you can run it by?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 2:39 pm
Lori Tamber?

Lori Arlin might get complicated aurally for people first time around - "Loria Lynn"?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:24 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
Lori Tamber?

Lori Arlin might get complicated aurally for people first time around - "Loria Lynn"?

Lori Tamber is still a front runner too

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:26 pm
Okay tell me if I'm crazy, but I keep thinking of Lori Cauldron. Does that sound like a witch name? I keep coming back to it. How nuts would it be? lol

Einikel

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:27 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Okay tell me if I'm crazy, but I keep thinking of Lori Cauldron. Does that sound like a witch name? I keep coming back to it. How nuts would it be? lol

How about Lori wok LOL LOL

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:30 pm
Einikel wrote:
How about Lori wok LOL LOL

Okay, one vote for I'm crazy... LOL anyone else?

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:17 pm
I remember learning many years ago that names with an odd number of syllables sound better.

How about Lori Tamberline?

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:19 pm
Feel free to ignore me.....I think first names ending with a vowel pair better with last names beginning with a consonant.

sequoia

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:22 pm
Yeah, they’re gonna elide together.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:34 pm
sequoia wrote:
Yeah, they’re gonna elide together.

I think so too.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 7:36 pm
I thought I was the only one who finds it difficult choosing a pseudonym Rolling Eyes

how about Lori Irol (opposite spelling of Lori? or Lori Roll - rolls off the tongue.

Are u looking to choose a pseudo for your Jewish writing or secular writing? It makes a difference.

Just saying from experience: not always are editors happy with the pen-name a writer chooses and requests a different name.
So, perhaps, run your new name or options by the "powers on high" before your rack your brains so hard and finally make a choice.

Best of luck!

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 12:16 am
Kiwi13 wrote:

I have a ton of characters that I create stories with with my best friend. I have named some, bc a certain odd sounding combination guy such in my head and I kept going back to it. Even though I don't really like it at first but then I keep coming back to it. ... And now it really fits my character.

My take, listen to your gut

(If you want to know, I'll pm you the character and explain)

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 12:19 am
Kiwi13 wrote:

I think it could work if you spell it differently. Lori Kaldrin could work beautifully. I do think that the spelling Cauldron does evoke too much witchiness, but Kaldrin or Kauldrin don't have the same connotation.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club