Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Long loooong posts (almost articles...)

Esty 4

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 11:52 am
Do you read them? personally I don't have the attention span and find them drawn out... Short and to the point is much more welcome. What about you?

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 11:53 am
N

o

hodeez

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 11:58 am
I'll skim them if I'm interested in the topic. It has to be truly captivating for me to read each line

cholentfan1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:24 pm
I like long posts, you get much more of a feel of what the issue might be. Also there are so many posts that the first post is only the tip of the iceberg and the story takes on a deeper meaning as the op posts further details. I would rather they give as many of those details at the beginning so that the advice is the applicable one.
To take a lighter topic, if op posts she wants to be able to take an eye exam. Someone suggests somewhere, she then replies thanks but I'm not in brooklyn, I'm in lakewood. Next suggestion, this time the correct town, op says thanks but that's for adults, I'm looking for my child. The op would have saved time if she had posted all the correct details. And this is even more so when it comes to emotional topics and things like shalom bayis issues.

Zehava

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:28 pm
Only if it’s a juicy train-wreck

Esty 4

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 12:42 pm
cholentfan1 wrote:
I like long posts, you get much more of a feel of what the issue might be. Also there are so many posts that the first post is only the tip of the iceberg and the story takes on a deeper meaning as the op posts further details. I would rather they give as many of those details at the beginning so that the advice is the applicable one.
To take a lighter topic, if op posts she wants to be able to take an eye exam. Someone suggests somewhere, she then replies thanks but I'm not in brooklyn, I'm in lakewood. Next suggestion, this time the correct town, op says thanks but that's for adults, I'm looking for my child. The op would have saved time if she had posted all the correct details. And this is even more so when it comes to emotional topics and things like shalom bayis issues.

agreed. But most of the time it's the responses that are endless and my eyes just glaze over... I think its a pity cuz they usually have great points...

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 2:14 pm
Then don't read them. You see someone pointing a gun at your head saying "read, or else"?

I don't mind long posts, which is good because I compose many of them. What I can't abide is long posts that are written as a solid block of text with no paragraph breaks. White space, people! Worse yet are long solid blocks of text with no punctuation so your eye never knows when to take a break. You know what I mean, posts that look like this:

I don't know if anyone can help me but I have noplace else to ask don't tell me to get therapy theres no money for that and anyway I went to therapy for six years and it helped a little in the beginning but then it stopped working and my downstairs neighbors harassing me telling me my kids make soooooo much noise she cant sleep and she has to go to work early in the morning and why cant I keep my kids from running around all the time because she's gonna call the police on us if we have another noisy party it wasn't a party dh was having chabura at our house because the electric was out in yeshiva and our house is right across the street so it made sense to have it there the kids were rehearsing for the chanuka play they have to sing loud cuz the school auditorium is big and they don't have a pa system anyways she runs her vacuum cleaner at six in the morning she has a pet peacock that screams all the time it wakes us all up and scares the daylights out of me and it gets into fights with our pet monkey but you don't see me running to call the police on her but she's gonna call the police on us she already did a few times dh had to appear in court they threw the case out but she keeps threatening thats not the point what I need to find out is how do you make those kugels with the different colored polkadots I need to make more money and want to make pretty kugels and sell them from the house do you think the neighbors would buy them and how much should I charge for each size of kugel and each kind of kugel should I make all one size or different sizes should all kinds be the same price or different prices for lokshen chocolate chip cranberry swiss almond potato etc

DreamerForever

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 2:58 pm
zaq wrote:
Then don't read them. You see someone pointing a gun at your head saying "read, or else"?

I don't mind long posts, which is good because I compose many of them. What I can't abide is long posts that are written as a solid block of text with no paragraph breaks. White space, people! Worse yet are long solid blocks of text with no punctuation so your eye never knows when to take a break. You know what I mean, posts that look like this:

I don't know if anyone can help me but I have noplace else to ask don't tell me to get therapy theres no money for that and anyway I went to therapy for six years and it helped a little in the beginning but then it stopped working and my downstairs neighbors harassing me telling me my kids make soooooo much noise she cant sleep and she has to go to work early in the morning and why cant I keep my kids from running around all the time because she's gonna call the police on us if we have another noisy party it wasn't a party dh was having chabura at our house because the electric was out in yeshiva and our house is right across the street so it made sense to have it there the kids were rehearsing for the chanuka play they have to sing loud cuz the school auditorium is big and they don't have a pa system anyways she runs her vacuum cleaner at six in the morning she has a pet peacock that screams all the time it wakes us all up and scares the daylights out of me and it gets into fights with our pet monkey but you don't see me running to call the police on her but she's gonna call the police on us she already did a few times dh had to appear in court they threw the case out but she keeps threatening thats not the point what I need to find out is how do you make those kugels with the different colored polkadots I need to make more money and want to make pretty kugels and sell them from the house do you think the neighbors would buy them and how much should I charge for each size of kugel and each kind of kugel should I make all one size or different sizes should all kinds be the same price or different prices for lokshen chocolate chip cranberry swiss almond potato etc

Lol, this was a fun long post to read! Love the pet peacock bit

Esty 4

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:11 pm
zaq wrote:

LOL Boy I needed this laugh! You made my day

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:29 pm
zaq wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

number

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:51 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
Lol, this was a fun long post to read! Love the pet peacock bit
Lol I didn’t read the post because I don’t read those posts, and then got to your comment and had to go back and read. So I guess the answer is —sometimes?

gr82no

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:59 pm
Depends certain posters yes.
Can’t be written in one long paragraph
English should be decent
How much the topic interests me
If I’m in a rush
How tired I am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics