Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Betty Crocker woes

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 8:50 pm
I purchased a Betty Crocker pizza maker not long ago. I toiveled it and then let it rest for 2 weeks before using it.
The first time I used it, the bottom of my food was getting burned. Now, I just turned it on for the second time and it was smoking really bad with the red plastic on the outside turning a darker color and looking like it was melting.
I'm curious to hear if anyone had these issues. It warns not to immerse in water but everyone I know toiveled it and didn't have any problems.

torquoise

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 9:06 pm
I've had 2, both toiveled, and that never happened.
It sounds like you got a bad one that's overheating. If you still have your receipt, the warranty is 1 year. I would call them up and request an exchange.

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 9:52 pm
I would need a receipt of purchase? Didn't save it.

MySpace

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 10:07 pm
Not to the extent you have, but I got one recently and it smells terrible when we use it like melting plastic or rubber but there are no outward signs of anything wrong.

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 11:16 pm
My sil had some issues with hers a while ago. I'm not sure what. I just know it wasnt brand new. She contacted them. She sent it back. They paid for the shipping and they sent her a new one.

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 11:21 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
I would need a receipt of purchase? Didn't save it.

Maybe the store you bought it at can send you a proof of purchase?

4sure

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 12:22 am
I had two. One is still working the second wasn’t toivled and it died within 2-3 months. I could’ve gotten it replaced if I sent it back to them but I think shipping to Ontario from NY costs more then a new one. I got a courent now. Looks the same different brand. Comes in black so handy to have a different color for meat/dairy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars