Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Furniture layout help

ilovegod

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:20 am
I’m setting up a bedroom for my kids. The room is 8 feet by 11 approximately. Should I put 2 -33” beds on the 8 foot wall or a day bed with trundle for long wall? (Cleaner look)I have a 3 year old and 6 year old. which I’m thinking trundle is more safe but the look of 2 beds appeals to me more than 1 trundle pullout every day..However only 2 feet between the beds? What would you ladies do?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:28 am
With 33"-wide beds you will have 30" between, which is a lot. You mean the heads of the beds are on the 8-ft wall, right?

33" is not a common bed width in the USA. A standard twin width is 39".

A 3-yr old may do better to have a toddler bed for the next few years. Uses a crib mattress.

mfb

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:33 am
I would also do the 2 headboards by the 8 foot wall.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:36 am
I have 33" beds for some rooms and they work very well even for the older teens if they're used to it. That size is readily available from the heimish Brooklyn shops.
For a room that size, we did either a bunk bed or a pull out, since two beds side by side was pretty tight for daytime use, especially once you add the headboards.

mfb

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:39 am
ra_mom wrote:
I have 33" beds for some rooms and they work very well even for the older teens if they're used to it. That size is readily available from the heimish Brooklyn shops.
For a room that size, we did either a bunk bed or a pull out, since two beds side by side was pretty tight for daytime use, especially once you add the headboards.

You have space at the end of the beds.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 10:52 am
Go for a high-riser set in which the lower bed can be popped up to match the top bed in height. You'll want this when the younger child is older. With two beds "out" there is no room for the kids to move around during the day. A narrow strip of floor between two beds can't be called "room to move around."

ilovegod

Post Wed, Dec 15 2021, 1:16 pm
I should probably do a pull out on my longer wall? But the high riser I had was tearing my linen and that’s why I wanted to update the room. If I put in the long wall a pull out bed like day bed in 39” is that smart because 33” beds at 8 foot wall would intrude in windows on that wall
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars