Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Fried rice

shoy18

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 10:41 am
anyone know of a good recipe for fried rice? thanks

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 12:16 pm
Kosher Pallete has a great Pastrami fried rice recipe- I haven't made it in a few years, so I'm not sure if you actually fry the rice or just the pastrami?!?

buba123

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 12:24 pm
you cook the rice separately and then combine it with the fried pastrami mixture. I make it all the time. It's yummy Very Happy

shanie5

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 3:31 pm
I cook up rice. then I sautee onions till golden add the rice, soy sauce cut up scallions and scrambled egg. (must cook the egg separately first). heat it all up and serve. you can add any cooked or fried meat or chiken to it too.

miriam

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 7:55 pm
Sounds very yummy!!

shoy18

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 11:30 pm
do they have recipes without egg I cant stand the thought of eating egg with rice or maybe a recipe where you cant see the rice

sarahd

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 4:03 am
Can't see the rice?? Hardly likely in a dish called fried rice, is it? Or do you mean hardly see the egg? You can leave it out with no major harm done.

I stir fry minced ginger for a few seconds to begin with. Then add scallions, sliced celery, thawed frozen corn and/or peas and/or carrots, rice and stir fry for a minute or so, then add soy sauce and a drop of vinegar. The rice needs to be cold, preferably cooked the day before, otherwise it gets mushy.

shoy18

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 9:47 am
I meant egg sorry

lucky

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 2:01 pm
Why is it called fried rice, if the rice is cooked-not fried?

sarahd

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 3:54 pm
Because after you cook it (and leave it to get cold) you fry it along with the vegetables...

shanie5

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 8:46 pm
if you use "uncle bens" rice (for those of us in america) you can fry it cold.
shoy- you can leave the egg out -no problem. also, add any veggie you want to.

sarahd

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 5:12 am
Shanie, do you mean "fry it warm"?

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 5:22 am
I make a persian style rice but I guess it's fried too:

I use basmati rice because it always comes out really nice (like separate grains instead of mush).
Boil up rice and rinse it in a colander once it's ready.

Fry up onions (diced) until clear then add currants or raisins, diced peppers, cut-up fresh dill, diced celery or any vegie u want. add S&P and soy sauce towards the end and then mix it through the boiled rice. Heat through and serve.

Make sure u mix the rice through really well otherwise you get globs of white rice which make it looks not that great! can be eaten cold too...add some diced raw pepper and tomatoes and add a bit of lemon juice to make a salad.
yum
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes