Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How to make the most money as a frum lady
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 4:28 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Just saying that the camp with 50 kids (8 year olds) probably hires 4 or 5 high school girls to work $100/week or so.

That would be fine but someone else said younger girls (13 year olds??) are hired at a very minimal pay and the director pressures parents to tip them. But it sounds like the girls have fun doing this. If parents are prepared to send their kids to such a setup, fine. (I would def have concerns about safety issues)

I can't believe someone is watching 10 babies or toddlers at a time alone. My sister was doing this for many years with a friend, I don't know how many kids they watched but even if one person could safely watch 10 kids...what if you have an urgent appointment, or your child has an emergency, or wtvr. Most people hire an assistant and or have a partner.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 4:43 am
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
There’s 50 girls in one basement?! Find another camp please!!

This. I don’t do backyard camps anymore. Worth paying for camp in a proper building and proper staff.
And OP she probably isn’t making as much money as you think. Crafts and supplies cost.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:56 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
This. I don’t do backyard camps anymore. Worth paying for camp in a proper building and proper staff.
And OP she probably isn’t making as much money as you think. Crafts and supplies cost.

Depends what you mean by worth it.

My younger kid thrived in backyard camps even if large. The counselors even though young gave them a fantastic time. Everything was geared to them. They were so nurtured. And came home happy.

While they had fun in big camps I felt the younger kids were lost. Overshadowed by older bunks. Too much noise, too many kids, too big building.

I try to keep my kids out of that situation for as long as possible.

(The counselors in backyard camps are paid much less then $100/week mentioned earlier - the counselors in big camps are also paid very little. Most kids know going in it pays nothing but want to do it for the fun and bec they enjoy it).
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics