Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Please update me: Ami living serial See You
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 10:14 pm
Was there ever a mention why she didn’t love her first husband? Any details about him? I think I skipped the first few chapters

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 11:08 pm
Can someone update me on what happened in the last three weeks?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 8:00 pm
What happened this week? Didn’t get the Ami.

Chaya123

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:31 pm
Yikes, this story is taking a real suspenseful turn and I can see which way it's heading...Although the whole thing makes no sense how he's willing to take her despite her being so open about her previous faults like difficult marriage first time around and history with her sister and fired from previous job and he he proposes to her out of the blue before she has chance to grasp what's happening or even probably absorb or discuss with her parents,siblings,children or even do proper research on what's obviously been a nasty divorce, of which there are always 2 sides to the story. She's way too levelheaded and cultured to just jump into this marriage like a little kid and then of course all these issues crop up and now I'm afraid she will have to choose between her own happiness and her children's although it may be too late... Yikes, it's so dramatic! Keep it coming!

Chaya123

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:33 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Was there ever a mention why she didn’t love her first husband? Any details about him? I think I skipped the first few chapters

I think she just didn't appreciate him for who he was. Like maybe she found him and the children boring over her glitzy glamorous job. Sad.

Chaya123

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:39 pm
Debbie wrote:
You could be on to something; I thought that Shlomo's mother seemed a bit over enthusiastic for Esther to meet him.

Yes I definitely think something was behind these ppl suddenly opening a magazine when it was completely not their line of business and a huge financial investment for them. The whole things seems so fishy!
Also, Goldie and Shlomo are both so pushy! Also charismatic and powerful. Like he's all gentleman to her now and says all the right things but having worked with such ppl, I would be very wary and do heavy research into such a person, especially if there's a previous history of difficult marriage etc. Like what happens once they're married and the glitz and glamour subsides...

Chaya123

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:10 pm
I'm surprised no one has commented on this very dramatic cliff hanger serial recently! Am I the only one heartbroken for Esther and Shlomo on the sad turn of events and wondering what will happen next? The whole story is so awkward and extreme, on the other hand, I find myself relating to some of the characters on a certain level so just goes to show how well written it is. Please comment!

preciousmommy

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:34 pm
My guess is that the kids will realize how much their mother loves them, due to her enormous sacrifice. They’ll also see that Shlomo is a good guy. And they’ll end up giving their blessings.

But maybe that’s just because I’m hoping for a happy ending.

gande

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:36 pm
I think the kids will come around and ask them to get back together. I think that's what the encounter of Shlomo and Avigayil in the cemetery foreshadowed.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 12:13 am
I just asked DH what he thinks (bec DIL called me frantically to find out what happened, I said, they broke the engagement, DH said, Oy, who? I said, a story in Ami : )

Anyhow he says many poskim say one should not remarry to detriment of children. (Of course if s/o just not managing e.g. parent of small kids it's different.)

But look, these girls can get married in 6 months & I am sure Shlomo would wait for Esther!

I think in fiction they get us all worked up with the romantic aspect. Probably everyone is upset they broke the shidduch (except those who were in the position of Esther's kids. I would love to see people who've been through such a scenario chime in here!)

Poor Esther, she had an unhappy marriage & finally about to be happy. When in reality we saw her reflect that she never appreciated her husband's qualities & was too busy being angry about the shidduch she thought Mindy "stole" from her.

(Anon bec of just talking to DIL : )

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Dec 13 2021, 9:34 pm
Ugh
Just belatedly read the installment from chanukah issue and gotta say I am so so disappointed!
Really dislike criticizing but I cannot even stomach reading this.
Seriously!?!
This is how adults handle dissent from high school age and young adult children to their wish to marry/remarry?
Beyond disappointed.
A terrible message.
And Esther’s response is all the more so unbelievable.
Very sensationalized and unrealistic.
Would’ve loved to have seen a mature reprochement between the four of them.
Not to mention Esther’s boys who seem nonexistent.
Blech.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 3:25 pm
I think it's ridiculous that Esther broke the engagement. They should have communicated with the children before they got engaged, and they could have taken things slower at that point....but after the fact?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room