Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bed Guard Rail for Babies - cosleep

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 8:22 pm
I cosleep with my baby- dh bed is attached to mine and baby sleeps in the middle. I’m always so nervous she will crawl off ..
Any ideas of a good rail that will cover the entire 2 beds together?
Tia!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:08 pm
I don’t know if a rail but you can put pillows or blankets on the floor around the beds before you go to sleep so in case your baby falls off she won’t get hurt.

SG18

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 2:51 am
I wasn't able to find one that wouldn't block me from getting in and out of bed. I do a pillow blockade on the side of the bed with toys on top, so baby is protected and will get to it and get distracted.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 8:05 am
SG18 wrote:
I wasn't able to find one that wouldn't block me from getting in and out of bed. I do a pillow blockade on the side of the bed with toys on top, so baby is protected and will get to it and get distracted.

Great idea! Thank you
What about the back of the bed though?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Dec 17 2021, 8:47 am
I don’t mean to be cheaky- when I went through this as I kept looking I was like hmmm I’m really just looking for a crib lol. A big enough crib for us both 🤣.

I loved the halo bassinet that comes onto your bed. My baby was right by me and I can just roll her in and out to feed and cuddle. Worked till about 6 months.

SG18

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 8:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Great idea! Thank you
What about the back of the bed though?

My bed's against the wall, in the corner. I think I would do a long tube pillow otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I don’t mean to be cheaky- when I went through this as I kept looking I was like hmmm I’m really just looking for a crib lol. A big enough crib for us both 🤣.

I loved the halo bassinet that comes onto your bed. My baby was right by me and I can just roll her in and out to feed and cuddle. Worked till about 6 months.

Laughed out loud here! So true about the crib..

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 3:54 pm
SG18 wrote:
My bed's against the wall, in the corner. I think I would do a long tube pillow otherwise.

Oh I hear that- good idea. Ty!

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:02 pm
My bed is against the wall and for the other side of the bed I use the guard rail that's meant for kids not to fall out of their beds. It has two arms that get tucked under the mattress. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Dream-M.....psc=1 It allows me to get out of bed at the bottom end.

If I were you, I'd look into rearranging your furniture so that your bed can be against the wall.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:10 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
My bed is against the wall and for the other side of the bed I use the guard rail that's meant for kids not to fall out of their beds. It has two arms that get tucked under the mattress. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Dream-M.....psc=1 It allows me to get out of bed at the bottom end.

If I were you, I'd look into rearranging your furniture so that your bed can be against the wall.

Ty- your baby doesn’t crawl off the bottom end though?

amother
Melon

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:13 pm
Maybe try bed bumpers google it

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:27 pm
I put my mattress on the floor.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
I put my mattress on the floor.

Wow that’s a new level of devotion!! BUT A SUPER IDEA!! Ty!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
Maybe try bed bumpers google it

I will. Ty!

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Dec 18 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty- your baby doesn’t crawl off the bottom end though?

He sleeps right near me, so I'll catch him before he crawls off. Eventually they get old enough to stop crawling once they reach the edge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics