Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Stroller on a budget
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:00 pm
So I am BH expecting but my older kids are beyond the age for a stroller. I am looking for a decent stroller but on a budget. I don't want to spend $700+ on something I dont know if I will use for another kid in the future....
I would love one with a bassinet or a seat that turns into a bassinet. But either way it must be ok for newborn and up. (My old stroller is broken so time to toss. )
A decent basket would be nice.
Lightweight would be nice. As well as compact/foldable- we drive a lot and I dont do a ton of walking now except on Shabbos.

Any suggestions? IRL everyone is saying bugaboo is the only way but I cant get myself to spend such crazy amounts... I care about practicality over style.
Help this overwhelmed mom who cant get sucked into Amazon's million choices!

L K

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:03 pm
If you figure out that an expensive model works for you—lets Say one of the bugaboos —you can try looking for one on offerup. They sometimes have awesome steals there.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:13 pm
Yoyo has a bassinet and is a bit cheaper then the bugaboo.
Cybex is a great choice and also cheaper than the bugaboo.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:14 pm
whats ur budget?
I just saw a new uppababy for like 500$ on yad shniya
check them out people always are selling prams

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:22 pm
L K wrote:
If you figure out that an expensive model works for you—lets Say one of the bugaboos —you can try looking for one on offerup. They sometimes have awesome steals there.
Tongue Out

Already on groups where people are giving/selling used strollers. So trying that route but wanted to see if anyone has tried cheaper strollers. In case I cant get one second hand I wanted to explore cheaper newer ones.

Anyone try Graco Modes?
Evenflo Pivot?
Doesnt have to be a fancy stroller, just one that I wont struggle to push on a sidewalk during a Shabbos walk Smile
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
whats ur budget?
I just saw a new uppababy for like 500$ on yad shniya
check them out people always are selling prams

Not in NY so local groups wont be a help. But thanks!

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:24 pm
Happy with the Graco Aire3. It’s not perfect but it has near flat recline, footbed folds up like a bassinet, pushes fine. And $100.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:26 pm
If your just using it on sidewalks on Shabbos either of those will work. You can go to a local target and try it out. They have floor models. I recommend finding something heavy to throw in the cart (a case or two of baby wipes shouldn’t be too far from the strollers) to see you the stroller maneuvers with the weight of a child.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:27 pm
Or try the mockingbird. But you have to check their website to see which retailers carry it. I don’t know.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:35 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
Or try the mockingbird. But you have to check their website to see which retailers carry it. I don’t know.

I have the mockingbird, very happy with it. It's easy to fold but not small or light, and can be difficult/unwieldy to fit in the trunk of a sedan. Its comparable to the uppababy vista
They are pretty much only direct to consumer (a couple Targets on the East Coast carry them) but have a 30 day no questions asked free trial with free return shipping, so you can try it out yourself. The basket is huge Smile

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:59 pm
I have a Graco modes and really like it. Doesn't push as smoothly as the more expensive strollers, but does fine with regular sidewalk walking, huge basket, convenient features, simple fold. I got it as a travel system so car seat clicks into the stroller which is also nice

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:02 pm
I bought the Graco travel system . Used it for 2 kids since newborn. Easy to push, has a big basket and can be used with the car seat by itself in the frame or the stroller seat. Or both together.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:06 pm
Another graco user here. I have graco modes nest- it's quite nice in my opinion. Pushes well too. A graco carseat clicks right into the frame. The seat can either be flat as a bassinet or upright for an infant/toddler seat. The only downside is that the frame is heavy and big. But I think all the expensive strollers have the same issue. I have an umbrella stroller that lays flat for when I can't shlep the whole big stroller.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:01 pm
A used high end stroller is much better value. You can do a yoyo or joolz travel system for lightweight compact all in one. Used uppa baby is also great. You can even get a bassinet for it.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:31 pm
Just get a Citi mini

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:41 pm
I’ve also gotten gracos over the years. Laid flat. Leigh weight. Easy to fold. Decent push. Can use with car seat or kid.

SG18

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:15 am
I love the Colugo Complete with infant insert. It's not super heavy, but for very lightweight, I would probably go with the Compact. They have a 100 day return policy, no questions asked, with a direct to consumer much lower price.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:39 am
SG18 wrote:
I love the Colugo Complete with infant insert. It's not super heavy, but for very lightweight, I would probably go with the Compact. They have a 100 day return policy, no questions asked, with a direct to consumer much lower price.

I have the compact. Super happy with it. Only thing that’s a bit hard is putting it from laying to seated position while child is in it. Otherwise I love everything about it! And you can get an infant insert for it

sara_s

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:43 am
I love the Mountain Buggy Nano.

It's very similar to the Yoyo but half the price.

It lays flat, and it's possible to buy an attachable bassinet.

It's super lightweight, and folds small enough to go into an airplane overhead compartment.

It wheels smoothly

Only downside is it's more of an urban stroller, less suitable for bumpy sidewalks and parks.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:14 am
I think begin with what your needs are. You need a stroller that can work for a newborn (ideally with bassinet option), you want to push it on sidewalks (probably uneven), do you need it to fold small? Be lightweight? Are you flying with it and want it to fit in overhead lockers?
Unless you are doing a lot of travelling I wouldn't get a stroller such as the yoyo or nano. They are travel strollers and there are much better strollers for everyday walking.
If you are doing a lot of walking, I would recommend something with reasonable wheels. I personally have the city mini gt and love it. It folds really small and really easily. It can lie flat for a newborn (you can buy a bassinet for it, and attach car seat with adapters). The push is wonderful.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics