Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double buggy advice

cheese1

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:43 am
Looing to buy a double buggy.
It should have good wheels and easy to fold in and out of car (light and easy)
It should look decent and be good quality.

I like to hear from personal experience.
Does anyone have such a buggy that can tell me what to buy?

I was looking at MY CHILD Double STROLLER.
Does anyone have this?
Also, does anyone have the
Thule Urban Glide 2 Jogging Stroller.

Please help me.
A huge mitzva.
I feel at lost with all the options.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:46 am
Where are you located? I’ve Never heard of that brand In the US

cholentfan1

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:26 am
Okay, so your priority is to fold easily and be light. My suggestion would be the city mini double. If you specifically need better wheels and don't mind that it's wider, I would go with the city mini gt as the wheels are much better.
My child double stroller is modelled after the mountain buggy duet, which means it is very narrow, but it doesn't have a particularly small fold and it isn't very light. Wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
I would start by measuring your doorways and seeing what will fit through.
I'm assuming you're not in the US since you're calling it a double buggy, in which case the out n about nipper double might be available for you. It's a really nice stroller (I was going to get it except it was a touch too wide for my front door). I personally bought the mountain buggy duet simply as it was the only stroller that fit through my front door, and I wasn't really using it in and out the car, so the weight and fold didn't bother me.
Do you have a budget?
Are you looking for toddler and baby or twins? There's also in-line doubles, such as the uppababy vista or icandy (personally don't like inline, but I get why people do).
Happy to offer further details of the different strollers. I know how overwhelming it is.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:32 am
I love my Valco

cheese1

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:16 am
cholentfan1 wrote:
Okay, so your priority is to fold easily and be light. My suggestion would be the city mini double. If you specifically need better wheels and don't mind that it's wider, I would go with the city mini gt as the wheels are much better.
My child double stroller is modelled after the mountain buggy duet, which means it is very narrow, but it doesn't have a particularly small fold and it isn't very light. Wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
I would start by measuring your doorways and seeing what will fit through.
I'm assuming you're not in the US since you're calling it a double buggy, in which case the out n about nipper double might be available for you. It's a really nice stroller (I was going to get it except it was a touch too wide for my front door). I personally bought the mountain buggy duet simply as it was the only stroller that fit through my front door, and I wasn't really using it in and out the car, so the weight and fold didn't bother me.
Do you have a budget?
Are you looking for toddler and baby or twins? There's also in-line doubles, such as the uppababy vista or icandy (personally don't like inline, but I get why people do).
Happy to offer further details of the different strollers. I know how overwhelming it is.

YOU ARE SO NICE.
Thanks.
It is for a toddler and newborn and I only want side by side.
I thought My Child does have an easy fold.
Interesting.
The out n about nipper double seems like it takes up a lot of space cuz of that front piece.

cheese1

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:18 am
Do you know this one?

Thule® Urban Glide 2 All-Terrain & Jogging Double Stroller 2021

cheese1

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:22 am
It seems to me that My Child weighs 32 pounds while the Baby Jogger® City Mini® GT2 All-Terrain Double Stroller in Jet in 36.5 pounds.

So why do you say it isn't light?

Sorry just trying to figure out this mumble jumble of details.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:52 am
I have the Baby monster double, which is the US version of the My Child (that is the British version).
I am really happy with it, it is very narrow and fits through all doorways. I think the My Child is even nicer, some of my friends have it. It looks very compact and neat, and pretty strong too.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:18 am
Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller
Or
Same idea but with bench as one of the seats. I have no one but looks like an out of stock in on Amazon but they have similar models, those are lighter.

cholentfan1

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:18 am
cheese1 wrote:
It seems to me that My Child weighs 32 pounds while the Baby Jogger® City Mini® GT2 All-Terrain Double Stroller in Jet in 36.5 pounds.

So why do you say it isn't light?

Sorry just trying to figure out this mumble jumble of details.

I was comparing the my child to the baby jogger city mini double which is 28lbs, rather than the city mini gt double. It might have an easy fold (can't remember now), but thought it was along the lines of the mountain buggy duet (which is an easy fold, just not very small). But the city mini's fold is amazing-you just pull the handles in the seats and it folds flat.
It could be the my child double is the stroller for you and that's great. Just remember there is no such thing as the perfect stroller, you just have to work out what is most important for you and make sure that the stroller has those features.
You're best off going into a store if possible and seeing them in person and trying them out. Or if you know anyone with any of them to try in real life. I used to walk along and look at what people are pushing and see if I liked it. I even stopped a couple of people to ask how they found their strollers, because it's only when you use them on a daily basis that you really see what you need and what you hate.

newinbp

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:08 pm
Thule carriages are not known to be light weight. They are designed as sport items - for runners, cyclists, etc. They have tons of great features like high max weights per kid, great tires, etc., but I would check very carefully re stroller weight and ease of fold - not likely.

newinbp

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:10 pm
For reference I previously owned a Thule stroller/bike carrier and I have a friend w the Thule double. They are workhorses, amazing quality, hold up well, hold huge weights per kid, etc. The bike one I had was completely impractical for city living, would work well for subarbs w a garage, etc. Depends on ur needs! Hatzlacha!

cheese1

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 9:08 am
THANKS.
What's the bike one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics