Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is your area following the mask mandates?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
No one does my job if I’m not at work. (Which is btw your tax dollars not at work if you pay US taxes.)

I also don’t want my kids missing school. Both academically and socially.

I don’t want other people missing school and work.

For any illness.

Im on your side, Steel, but reading these words, it’s identical to what “COVID is over” people would say.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:13 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Im on your side, Steel, but reading these words, it’s identical to what “COVID is over” people would say.

I see what you’re saying but I most certainly mean I don’t want people to be sick. I don’t mean that sick people should be going to work or school.

periwinkle

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:24 pm
OOT - everyone still masking in stores and even school!!!!

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:28 pm
I'm in Rockland. Nobody nowhere.

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:25 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
They are shoving the dead bodies under their backyard trampolines.
Covid can get past 3 vaccines doses, but it cannot get past an Old Navy cloth mask.

There may be a teeny tiny chance that your community is in the right.

Rude!

I'm OOT, majority of people masking in grocery stores again since the recent rise started again. Never stopped masking at schools (both secular and Jewish). My shul, it's about 25 % without a mask.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 12:01 am
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
I'm in Rockland. Nobody nowhere.

Actually all the nonjewish stores have signs they require a mask. Target, cvs, Walgreens, HomeGoods... And they are enforcing it

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 12:34 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don’t believe masks are mandated here in NJ. No stores, Jewish or non Jewish, are enforcing masks. Only place it’s still a thing (and has been since March 2020) is in medical facilities.

I was in a government office today. I was the only one in a mask (assumed I’d need one), including all workers.

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:24 am
I was in a mall in Syracuse (upstate NY) today. There was a sign on the door with the mandate. Most people were masked, a significant minority was not. (FWIW, I was although it was very difficult for me.)

chanasmom

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 7:45 am
I actually was unaware of the NY mask mandate until I was stopped at the entrance of ShopRite by store security two days after the announcement. He acted like I was an idiot for entering a store without a mask, and then handed me one. I had gone into other stores without being stopped in these two days. Once in the store I noticed people not wearing masks, so I guess they just were enforcing it at the entrance? I live in a primarily not Jewish area.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:16 am
In one of the supermarkets in bnei Brak that I usually shop in they are extremely strict about masks. No mask covering nose and mouth=cashier will not give you service.
Main reason: they don't want to be fined by police.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:21 am
The Jews are. The non-Jews, it’s a mixed bag.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:22 am
We don’t have mask mandates B”H

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:23 am
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
Nyc has a mask mandate and a surge of covid too. Obviously the mask mandate doesn't do much. I work in a school where all staff and most of the students is vaccinated and everyone masks all day and covid is still spreading at a high rate. If masks were so effective we should see a lower covid rate in NYC and places where mask mandates are in effect.

This.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:26 am
Even on the trains, only 2/3rds of the people are wearing masks.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:34 am
My shul is requiring that everyone wears masks and everyone is complying. Lots of people are not wearing masks in the kosher supermarkets.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
Actually all the nonjewish stores have signs they require a mask. Target, cvs, Walgreens, HomeGoods... And they are enforcing it

Those signs are there since forever.

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
Those signs are there since forever.

And no one enforces them.
Even non Jewish people without masks.
I put on a mask if all non Jews have them and I'm the only one without because my Rav said to, but otherwise you can't even tell there is a mandate at most of these places.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:13 am
There's no mask mandate in my state. Some of the stores have signs that it's strongly encouraged for the unvaccinated, and in every medical facility it's required. I don't make my unvaccinated children put on a mask in stores in my state, but obviously do when we are in a medical facility.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:15 am
I live in Italy and since the pandemic began, no one ever stopped wearing masks.
Everyone wears them at all times in shops, supermarkets, schools and shuls.

butternut1

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:00 pm
Everyone follows it where I am (Canada). You would get stopped immediately if you walked into a store without a mask. Most people have switched to medical masks (from cloth) because it is so much safer. But we have a very high vaccination rate here too.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics