Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Has anyone tried using ice cream as frosting?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:08 pm
Like literally putting vanilla ice cream stright out of the tub into a piping bag and using it to frost a cupcake? Will it work?

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:30 pm
Until it melts...

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:38 pm
If the ice-cream is soft enough to be piped, and you're going to keep it in the freezer to stay frozen, I don't see why not. Makes me think of a reverse ice-cream sandwich, where instead of it being between 2 waffles, it's on the top.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:40 pm
Sounds like ice cream cake.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:43 pm
I'm thinking to have ice cream prepared in a piping bag before the party, piping it on cupcakes at dessert time, and serving immediately.

Buttercream frosting is so difficult and messy to make and nobody really even likes it.
Ice cream on the other hand....

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm thinking to have ice cream prepared in a piping bag before the party, piping it on cupcakes at dessert time, and serving immediately.

Buttercream frosting is so difficult and messy to make and nobody really even likes it.
Ice cream on the other hand....

I'd do a trial run before the party to make sure it works. Because by the time it is soft enough to pipe through it is probably getting melty already.
Or I'd stick to ice cream cake. Or most likely just buy cupcakes Cool

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 1:52 pm
Maybe just scoop a scoop of ice cream onto the cupcake and sprinkle sprinkles on top, skip the piping
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen