Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The Life Transforming Diet
1  2  Next

happytobemom

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 12:38 am
I'm looking for info from women who have gone on this diet. Were you successful? Did you lose weight? Did you follow the book completely? Did you feel hungry? Any tips or meal ideas would be great.
Thank you!

happytobemom

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:31 pm
Anyone?

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 10:12 am
Is this the rambam diet?

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 10:18 am
Last year I studied this for a school project in Nutrition.
https://www.chabad.org/library.....r.htm

There are a lot of interesting concepts in here. I think taking the overall approach isn’t harmful. He discusses mindful eating, time restricted eating and eating more earlier in the day, all ideas that make sense from a circadian rhythm perspective.

Since that was the only aspect I was interested, I didn’t look more in to it. It sounds a bit complicated but what isn’t really?

happytobemom

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 5:07 pm
Yes it's based on the Rambam. The book with actual diet guidelines is called the Life Transforming Diet written by David Zulberg.
Thank you for that link!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 6:23 pm
I think that it’s very interesting how many things he got right. I don’t think everything in this would work for me but on the whole it’s good advice. And you know he meant eating real food. There was t much processed food when he came up with this!

happytobemom

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:26 pm
You know I didn't read what you posted thoroughly but I'm just thinking now I should try to follow that in general and not necessarily the exact diet, which I'm having trouble with. Especially because though I need to lose weight, what I mostly need is better, healthier eating habits.
Thank you! Smile

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:51 pm
I’d like to hear how it goes for you!

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:54 pm
I've read that book and followed the diet pretty closely for about 2 years. It really helped me get back into shape and lose weight. Also felt healthier and had more energy.
Good luck!

happytobemom

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 9:59 pm
Wow thank you. Any meal ideas? (just carbs or just protein + veggies)

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 8:10 am
Tuna with salad
Grilled cutlets with salad
Scrambled eggs with cucumber slices
Letcho with a toasted bagel
Veggie soup with toasted bagel
Pita with falafel balls (mostly carbs) and Israeli salad
I wasn't ready to give up dips on Shabbos so I wld have them with lettuce and cucumbers instead of challah

happytobemom

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 4:38 pm
Thank you

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:12 pm
I've been following this thread and I am interested to try it. I know that I have a copy of the book some where in my house and I am looking all over to find it. I would order another copy but I know that the minute it arrives the original will show up! Interested to hear how its going.

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:14 pm
Fyi, some of us have formed a whatsapp group to support each other in healthy eating and weight loss.

Use link to join:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/KLVN.....LyPkx

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:49 pm
I have a copy of this book and will be starting the plan tomorrow. What I like about this diet is that it addresses how to incorporate healthy behaviors into your life gradually. Also, there is an emphasis on food combination and how it can overstimulate your appetite.
I would be happy to be part of a support thread using this approach if anyone is interested!

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:14 am
Please tell me how it goes!
I read most of the book and I like the approach a lot. I liked also that it took a little bit at a time, and everything just makes so much sense. But somehow after a few weeks I'm not doing too well. Often hungry, so I end up eating what I shouldn't. I think a lot is because I haven't been too organized about it and I'm often not prepared with proper meals for myself. I think what I need now is to reread and restart from a point that makes sense.
Keep me posted!

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:56 am
Sure! I will happy to keep you updated.
Today I am replacing my lunch with a bowl of split pea soup ( high water content meal) Even though split pea is a starchy vegetable ,I usually do not overeat split pea soup.

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:21 am
That meal is the one I have no problem with. Fruit every morning for breakfast. Usually melons. Satisfying and very cleansing.

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:31 am
Can someone tell me what this diet entails... I have no koach to read the book even if I find it.. but I would like to have some seder about eating healthy. I try to anyway, but there seems to be more to it.. in terms of combination of foods. TIA

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:43 am
happytobemom wrote:
That meal is the one I have no problem with. Fruit every morning for breakfast. Usually melons. Satisfying and very cleansing.

This is my second attempt using this diet plan. This time I really am appreciating the high water content meal. I really enjoyed the split pea soup yesterday and was also happy to find out that it is a recommended choice! I also added a sliced apple with a half teaspoon of both chopped walnuts and honey to my HWC meal as well. I should not be combining fruit and veggies for this meal but I am giving myself some flexibility... apples are good for you after all!

I am varying the times I eat the HWC content meal. I will be alternating between Breakfast and lunch because of my schedule. Right now, I feel really proud of myself that I can incorporate a healthy HWC meal into my hectic day. I am looking forward to the rest of the week!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise