Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bais faiga high school
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:31 pm
thinking of applying.. what's the hock..

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:33 pm
Is your daughter in Bais Faiga now?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
Is your daughter in Bais Faiga now?

no I heard they are accepting from other schools..

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:45 pm
I didn’t hear that. I wonder.
I don’t think people know much yet about the school. They didn’t do an open house or anything.
The only thing I heard is that they are only taking in Bais Faiga girls who don’t have a sister in another high school. I also heard that they are looking for academically strong students but I didn’t hear that from the person who is opening the school.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 12:03 am
I heard from Bais Faiga families that they are only taking Bais Faiga girls, and only those without sisters in other schools. I don't know how many classes they're opening but it's a lot less than the elementary school.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Nov 06 2022, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
I didn’t hear that. I wonder.
I don’t think people know much yet about the school. They didn’t do an open house or anything.
The only thing I heard is that they are only taking in Bais Faiga girls who don’t have a sister in another high school. I also heard that they are looking for academically strong students but I didn’t hear that from the person who is opening the school.

Mrs. Epstein told me it's not going to be quite that rigid even if they are saying that. At the end of the day it's healthy to have a bit of a mix in the age of parents, and if they only take oldests they will only have young parents. She was trying to encourage some of us "older" parents to apply (technically speaking, I don't currently have a daughter in another high school because my girls already graduated).

ETA I believe they will have 3 classes. And they will likely end up taking some non-BF families.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:02 am
Chayalle wrote:
Mrs. Epstein told me it's not going to be quite that rigid even if they are saying that. At the end of the day it's healthy to have a bit of a mix in the age of parents, and if they only take oldests they will only have young parents. She was trying to encourage some of us "older" parents to apply (technically speaking, I don't currently have a daughter in another high school because my girls already graduated).

ETA I believe they will have 3 classes. And they will likely end up taking some non-BF families.

Did you contact the new school?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
Did you contact the new school?

No. I plan to send to same school my big girls went.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 1:50 pm
Chayalle wrote:

Three classes their first year? Wow.

And what’s wrong with having all young parents. Most schools have that when they start. I say this as a young parent of course Wink but I don’t see how my parental status affects the school.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Three classes their first year? Wow.

And what’s wrong with having all young parents. Most schools have that when they start. I say this as a young parent of course Wink but I don’t see how my parental status affects the school.

Nothing wrong per se. Just adds diversity if there are some older parents, I guess.

For myself, my girls were happy in their high school, I was happy with the school, why wouldn't I send my youngest there as well.

ETA the letter they sent BF parents said they will open 2-3 classes. My conversation with Mrs. Epstein indicated to me that they will end up with 3 classes. Push comes to shove, there are so many girls needing a high school, that I'm gonna guess they will end up with their max.

emi1812

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:27 pm
Chayalle wrote:

That’s not always the case. There are plenty of families that have a few boys first and then a girl.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:31 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Nothing wrong per se. Just adds diversity if there are some older parents, I guess.

For myself, my girls were happy in their high school, I was happy with the school, why wouldn't I send my youngest there as well.

ETA the letter they sent BF parents said they will open 2-3 classes. My conversation with Mrs. Epstein indicated to me that they will end up with 3 classes. Push comes to shove, there are so many girls needing a high school, that I'm gonna guess they will end up with their max.

They did the same last year with the new cheder, they tried to get existing families to switch their boys to the new school so they’d have “diversity”. I guess that’s their thing

Seems crazy to me that they’ll start a brand new school with 3 classes but I guess they’re feeling confident.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:32 pm
At my interview that mentioned that are taking girls from other schools very selective. As a bf parent considering this I am happy to hear.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:36 pm
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
At my interview that mentioned that are taking girls from other schools very selective. As a bf parent considering this I am happy to hear.

How did you get an interview?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:41 pm
emi1812 wrote:
That’s not always the case. There are plenty of families that have a few boys first and then a girl.

Right, so between that and some who may send a younger daughter, they will get that diversity they are seeking.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:42 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
They did the same last year with the new cheder, they tried to get existing families to switch their boys to the new school so they’d have “diversity”. I guess that’s their thing

Seems crazy to me that they’ll start a brand new school with 3 classes but I guess they’re feeling confident.

I don't know that they want to start with 3 classes....I think they will end up that way.

small bean

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 3:44 pm
My daughters principal told me they are opening with 5 classes not exclusively bais faiga. Might still be no siblings currently in school

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 4:02 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
How did you get an interview?

Bf oldest.

Was told 2 to 3 classes.
I think a few girls in each not from bf.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:08 pm
Can anyone update? What was discussed at the interview? Did they meet any girls yet? Was anyone accepted? What kind of school are they saying it will be?

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:33 pm
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
Bf oldest.

Was told 2 to 3 classes.
I think a few girls in each not from bf.

Did your daughter have an interview yet? Does she want to go?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries