Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Open for ideas

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:42 am
Currently live in NEW YORK CITY.

Would love to move to a place that has more spacious homes for much cheaper than here....

BUT... now comes the but! I love city life - just running out to the grocery at my corner when I need something, schmoozing with neighbors etc....

So basically yea... I'm in a clinch.

Anyone same situ?

Or anyone ideas??

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:46 am
Cedarhurst near Central Ave? Many places in Israel? These come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure many other similar places exist.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:48 am
Oh! Fgot to mention that I'm chassidish...

Which communities are there in Cedarhurst?

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Currently live in NEW YORK CITY.

Would love to move to a place that has more spacious homes for much cheaper than here....

BUT... now comes the but! I love city life - just running out to the grocery at my corner when I need something, schmoozing with neighbors etc....

So basically yea... I'm in a clinch.

Anyone same situ?

Or anyone ideas??

We moved from Brooklyn to Monsey a decade ago and I still miss city life, always having neighbors, there's what to see when walking on the street..... life is boring for me in Monsey. For the kids, it's amazing.

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:50 am
This is what I like the most about Chicago. For me its a great balance of city life and suburban life. I can walk to a lot of stores but if I feel like driving I can do that too and go to more places.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh! Fgot to mention that I'm chassidish...

Which communities are there in Cedarhurst?

I'm modern orthodox. I have no idea what kind of chasidish community there is in Cedarhurst. Sorry

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 11:53 am
florida

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 12:14 pm
Moving to FL has a lot of pros, but it's not going to have city living like op is used to. It's more suburban, you definitely need a car to get around and/or go grocery shopping.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:02 pm
For chassidish Lakewood. But choose one of the areas that is right near stores.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:08 pm
I’m Not Chassidish but I’m also a City girl. I tolerate small space and what others would perceive as negatives as I stay in the city far longer than others would have. I’ll never be truly happy in the suburbs; it’s just too quiet for me and I love the pedestrian lifestyle. So I feel you OP

mommy2x

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:54 pm
In Lakewood the oak and vine neighborhood is right near a huge plaza with everything from a pizza store, grocery (Evergreen), wine store, urgent care, baby store, kids clothing store, center of town (an everything store).... You can for sure walk and it's a development so you would definitely have a social life.
Edited to add, it's a chassidish development

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:59 pm
I live in cedarhurst and there isnt a chassidish community here. More and more chabad people are moving in.

DallasIma

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 3:20 pm
I'm a city girl, originally from Brooklyn, but have made my home in Dallas for 18 years. It has all the perks of a city plus the perks of the suburbs. Check it out! 4 Orthodox shuls (including a Chabad) within walking distance of my home.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 3:22 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
I'm modern orthodox. I have no idea what kind of chasidish community there is in Cedarhurst. Sorry

There are some chassidim in far rockaway or woodmere... but not really bp type I think

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 3:40 pm
mommy2x wrote:
In Lakewood the oak and vine neighborhood is right near a huge plaza with everything from a pizza store, grocery (Evergreen), wine store, urgent care, baby store, kids clothing store, center of town (an everything store).... You can for sure walk and it's a development so you would definitely have a social life.
Edited to add, it's a chassidish development

OP, there's also a large new development in Monsey which a large percentage of people moving there are from Brooklyn.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 4:01 pm
I think Lakewood definitely is a good option for you. The houses are much larger and its becoming very city like (including traffic)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating