Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Freezer meals recipes

Smiles613

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:03 pm
Does anyone have any recommendations for what to freeze for postpartum?
And the recipes ?
Soups, stews, shabbos foods

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:05 pm
Stuff that freeze well
Meatballs, blended soups, most cookies/cakes, chicken prepared in a pan w spices/sauce
You can freeze a lot. The question is really also the method in how you defrost/rewarm

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:23 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
Stuff that freeze well
Meatballs, blended soups, most cookies/cakes, chicken prepared in a pan w spices/sauce
You can freeze a lot. The question is really also the method in how you defrost/rewarm

Cooked chicken dishes taste awful after frozen. All meats in general freeze well (chili, meatloaf, roasts, etc) soups, some kugels, fish

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:25 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
Cooked chicken dishes taste awful after frozen.

I disagree.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:49 pm
Hi OP!

Here's what I have in my freezer for "Mom's having an emergency" meals right now (due to FT work schedule):

1. Renee Muller's "Mommy Chicken": I have 4 trays of this (assembled, raw) in the freezer right now (my family's a bit bigger so I serve 2 trays for dinner): https://betweencarpools.com/mo.....-day/

2. meatballs: I prepare 5lbs of meatballs on the stovetop in marinara sauce and freeze them in one meal size packages. Usually done when I make meatballs for dinner, and just double or triple the recipe so I can freeze. I heat the meatballs while I prepare the pasta.

3. chicken cutlets: Breaded/ coated raw chicken cutlets for chicken shnitzel, frozen on a cookie sheet then stacked in the freezer. I take out as many shnitzel as I need for that meal. You can fry or oven bake.

4. Soup in meal size containers: chicken soup, pea Soup, butternut squash soup with red lentils
5. Matzoh Balls (to go into the soup): I make 4x the batch and freeze.

5. Frozen veggies:
a) add to pasta with tuna and cheese for a tuna casserole
b) add to marinara/ tomato soup with macaroni and can of beans for minestrone soup

6. Pancakes/ French Toast: When I make this for breakfast, I make double and freeze: they work well for any meal: can be made as "breakfast for dinner" with eggs and an Israeli salad.

7. Chuck roast: cooked, cooled and sliced. Frozen in a container in meal sized portions (I divided one roast into 2) I only prepare 4 roasts at a time, as that's how many pans fit in my oven. Undercook a bit, cool in fridge 24 hours, slice, return to pan, wrap and freeze.

8. Lasagna: I have a technique of preparing lasagna, instead of cooking it I freeze it. I make 4-6 at a time. I bake it straight from the freezer.

You can adapt this pretty easily for post partum: your kids are probably small still, so they eat less and probably haven't seen all this yet. My family has been doing this for years and years so I can't serve any of this more than once every other week. I have a few dinners I can do in under 30 minutes as long as I have the ingredients at home that alternate with what's in the freezer.
I always serve fresh vegetables/ salad at every dinner meal.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 1:57 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
Hi OP!

Here's what I have in my freezer for "Mom's having an emergency" meals right now (due to FT work schedule):

1. Renee Muller's "Mommy Chicken": I have 4 trays of this (assembled, raw) in the freezer right now (my family's a bit bigger so I serve 2 trays for dinner): https://betweencarpools.com/mo.....-day/

You freeze raw potatoes?

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 2:00 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
You freeze raw potatoes?

Yup. The first time I did this, I did one tray sweet potato one tray russet potato: I was worried the white potatoes wouldn't come out well and wanted my kids to have at least something to eat.
Guess what? It was fine and it was inhaled. My kids like both types of potatoes.
You'd think it'd come out all mealy and gross, but it is quite delicious.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 4:51 am
Bump.
Any more ideas?

Thank you

yachnabobba

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 12:40 pm
1. Raw spiced chicken
2. Raw breaded cutlets
3. Chicken soup
4. Magic meatballs