Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Bochur missing
Previous  1  2

Esty 4

Post Fri, Dec 24 2021, 10:21 am
any updates?

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 12:05 pm
BD"E!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
BD"E!!
PLease give us a source. I just went to look and found nothing but articles from before shabbat. Sad

Reality

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 12:16 pm
https://www.jpost.com/israel-n.....89722

amother
Anemone

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 12:19 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
BD"E!!

Please do not just post that, without any context or sources. It's cruel and unfair to those who are so worried.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 12:22 pm
Reality wrote:
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-689722

A 22-year-old Jerusalem resident was found dead on Saturday near the Amirim moshav in the North. The young man was declared missing after he was last seen on Monday in Mt. Meron near the tomb of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, (Kever Rashbi).
No one had been able to make contact with the man, whose name was Ephraim, since the time of his disappearance. An initial examination by police did not raise any suspicion of criminality, though it was reported that he had likely died a few days before his body was found.

BDE, so sad. May his family be comforted. Crying

Reality

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 12:22 pm
Even the article I posted is very light on details. His poor family!!

rachelli66

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 12:40 pm
Baruch Dayan Haemet.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 3:06 pm
Oy. [speculation removed by mod]
DH is part of ichud hatzolah and unfortunately most missing young people cases are suicides. There's attempted suicide almost every week in Bet Shemesh..

I personally know at least 3 suicides in the past year..

Baruch Dayan Hamemet.

Reality

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 3:12 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
Oy. [speculation removed by mod]

DH is part of ichud hatzolah and unfortunately most missing young people cases are suicides. There's attempted suicide almost every week in Bet Shemesh..

I personally know at least 3 suicides in the past year..

Baruch Dayan Hamemet.

Why the need to mention how many attempted suicides there are in Bet Shemesh? There are teens all over the world who are battling mental health issues. No need to single out one community.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 4:37 pm
Reality wrote:
Why the need to mention how many attempted suicides there are in Bet Shemesh? There are teens all over the world who are battling mental health issues. No need to single out one community.

I know people outside of Bet Shemesh as well. Unfortunately it's a thing in many communities. We need more awareness and help for people in pain.

Didn't mean to single out bet shemesh at all. My husband knows volunteers in other cities and they have similar expiriences.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 5:26 pm
There are reasons why the article is light on details. My first thought is that there is an ongoing investigation, and the authorities don't want to reveal too much at the moment. The other reason is out of respect for the family.

We are hard wired for survival, and a big part of that is finding out what happened to someone, so that we can try to make sure it doesn't happen to us. It's the reason we look at car accidents when we drive by. It's not to be morbid. Part of our brain is remembering the road conditions, the tricky intersection, the weather, things like that. The next time we drive past that area we will slow down, and maybe not even know why.

Still, when someone passes away, especially if they are young, we really shouldn't speculate. It's so tempting to try and figure it out, because we really hate a mystery. The unknown is always more terrifying than the facts.

Try to be patient, and give the family some space. I'm sure that the media will let us know what we need to know, when the time is right.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 5:54 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
There are reasons why the article is light on details. My first thought is that there is an ongoing investigation, and the authorities don't want to reveal too much at the moment. The other reason is out of respect for the family.

We are hard wired for survival, and a big part of that is finding out what happened to someone, so that we can try to make sure it doesn't happen to us. It's the reason we look at car accidents when we drive by. It's not to be morbid. Part of our brain is remembering the road conditions, the tricky intersection, the weather, things like that. The next time we drive past that area we will slow down, and maybe not even know why.

Still, when someone passes away, especially if they are young, we really shouldn't speculate. It's so tempting to try and figure it out, because we really hate a mystery. The unknown is always more terrifying than the facts.

Try to be patient, and give the family some space. I'm sure that the media will let us know what we need to know, when the time is right.

You said it so well!
I'm proud that klal yisrael has ppl like you, and I'm sure Hashem is too.

batya100

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 6:53 pm
It is SOO wrong to speculate and add more pain to the family for no reason!
It was very stormy weather, he called his mother to tell her that his Rav-Kav (bus card) was empty and he would see what to do about getting home. It seems like he also misplaced his phone. The area up North is very mountainous and it is very very likely that he got lost, maybe fell, was freezing etc.
Whatever happened, we don't have to have it all worked out... we should focus our energies on Davening for his family to find strength and comfort and that his Neshama should have an Aliya.
Besuros Tovos!

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 8:11 pm
BDE

Belaaz ✡️🕯 — TRAGIC: Efraim Ram, the 22-year-old Bachur, a Jerusalem resident who was missing since Monday was sadly found dead on Shabbos near the Amirim moshav in the North. He was last seen on Monday in Mt. Meron near the Kever of Reb Shimon bar Yochai.

There’s no suspicion of criminality, though it was reported that he had likely died a few days before his body was found.

Dandelion21

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 9:57 pm
Was found dead omg

amother
Steel

Post Sat, Dec 25 2021, 10:00 pm
BDE

He went to daven and slipped from a slippery mountain area. (Hisbodedus, had conenction with Brselev)

His mother is a childhood friend, such an amazing family,

So so sad.............
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children