Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Laser 12 year old boy unibrow

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:38 pm
I'm going anon because this is gonna be obviously controversial. But my husband lasered his eye brows when he was a teenager. He obviously was very bothered by his eye brows and felt this would make him happier. They look great all these years later and he's happy.
Fast forward a lot of years later.. My son has a unibrow. He's dark and it's dark. Hes 12 and already hit puberty. He mentioned something about his eyebrows when we were getting glasses and I than I responded with - does it bother you? What bothers you about it? And do you want to do anything about it.
His response was yes. He would want to take the middle out. Seems he feel self conscious.
Has anyone ever brought a kid so young to laser their unibrow?
Would you think it's something that would need to be asked a Sheila (just curious I didn't say I was going by anyones Daas Torah here)
And should I try to convince him out of it knowing he probably will do it one day when he gets older if we don't do it now.
I won't lie.. Im not against it. I think it closes in his eyes and makes him look angrier.
Just so curious what people think without knowing me and would you ever let your child have this done.
Again.. Not talking shaping eyebrows. Just cleaning up the middle so you can see his face.
Also if you have ever done it.. Did you go somewhere specific for kids?

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:48 pm
Why not get him something like this... And he can clean up the middle himself if he wants, until he's older to decide on more permanent methods.

Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078.....share

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:54 pm
There's absolutely a heter to get it lasered off.

(My brother asked a mainstream rav and was told it's allowed...there was some parameter about cleaning up the middle vs fully grooming them and arching them like a woman would...don't know the details, he just wanted the unibrow gone)

I don't know if it's smart to do it at 12, tho. You might be better off plucking/shaving them for now till he's thru puberty.

(Keep in mind that you can't effectively go from plucking or waxing straight to laser. Laser attacks the hair root, and if you've weakened the hair root by plucking or waxing, laser won't be as effective. Shaving won't effect this; in fact, every laser session takes place on freshly shaved skin, and you can shave in between sessions)

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 9:56 pm
I know someone who got a heter from a yeshivish rav to shave the middle

No judgement here ‘

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:04 pm
singleagain wrote:
Why not get him something like this... And he can clean up the middle himself if he wants, until he's older to decide on more permanent methods.

Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078.....share

Thanks. I will check out what this is.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:05 pm
Thanks for all the responses and not too much flack.
I will speak with a professional if the age isn't a good age to see good results.
Appreciate it!

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:14 pm
If you can do laser, then why not? Why bother with the shaving and plucking? Just laser it and be done with it after a few sessions.

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:29 pm
I was told by a laser person you want to wait until puberty is kind of done because the hair pattern changes. I wanted to do my DDs “upper lip”.

I would let him shave it for now then do laser when he’s 15-16

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:43 pm
Unlike facial hair on women, a unibrow might be something he won’t feel self conscious about when he’s done with puberty. I’d have him shave it till he was mature enough to make an adult decision.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 10:43 pm
Idk why but I thought laser in the eye area wasn’t recommended

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 2:11 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
Idk why but I thought laser in the eye area wasn’t recommended
I also heard that laser isn't recommended for facial area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children