Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Guest Box

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 12:06 pm
We recently made Aliyah and we don’t really have the space to host families for meals in our small apartment. TBH I have never been so good about hosting for meals even in the old country but we always had an open home regardless. I want to start having more people over on a more informal basis - like a few couples or girlfriends motzie Shabbat, and feel more ready for the impromptu drop in play dates my kids bring home. So I had the idea of making “Guest Box” - full of cookies and tea and maybe games or things to make the guests feel welcome. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can buy or prepare to stock the Guest Box? Maybe even an index card with a little checklist (remember to offer water etc)? I want to be able to whip out the box and be ready for a guest at a moments notice (well hopefully at least 15 minutes notice so I have a chance to speed clean up!)

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 12:12 pm
How would that work? Wouldn’t the cookies get old if you didn’t have company regularly?
Maybe just a checklist?

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 12:12 pm
interesting!
I know a lot of people have baked goods in their freezer for such occasions and a nice teabox and coffee serving sets at the ready.
hatzlocha!

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 12:17 pm
What a nice idea!

Keep the cookies in the freezer. Add some pretty paper plates and napkins and you're ready to go.

You can also socialize with friends by taking a walk together and then you won't need to serve anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics