Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Why aren't there kosher chicken pouches like starkist?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:30 pm
to take to work or vacation?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:38 pm
I wouldn’t eat chicken out of a pouch..

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:47 pm
There is kosher canned chicken which would also be convenient. The only way I would eat it is if it was completely disguised in a salad so it isn't really that convenient.

Most work places have a refrigerator so I would just bring food that could be refrigerated. I would often make up a batch on Sunday and then bring in a few containers on Monday. I also had access to a freezer so I would bring in small containers of frozen food to refrigerate.

Depending on where you are vacationing either get a good cooler for the car and you can bring many foods to eat along the way. And most hotels/motels have refrigerators which you can stock. Some car refrigerators operate with electricity from the car but ice is generally free or cheap to refill every day.

https://www.amazon.com/Kosher-.....ss_tl

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
I wouldn’t eat chicken out of a pouch..

While I agree that this sounds rather gross, I think the only reason tuna in a pouch is not gross is because people are used to it. I mean, why is fish in a pouch less gross than chicken in a pouch?

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
While I agree that this sounds rather gross, I think the only reason tuna in a pouch is not gross is because people are used to it. I mean, why is fish in a pouch less gross than chicken in a pouch?

It is because people eat tuna in a can and tuna in a pouch is really the same as tuna in a can except more expensive. LOL People eat tuna salad sandwiches for years. Most people would not buy fresh tuna and make it into a tuna salad. At most they would use it for a Salad Nicoise which has fresh rare tuna slices but mashing fresh tuna to make a salad is a scandal. LOL

Most people don't eat chicken from a pouch because the quality of the chicken is terrible - pouch or can would make no difference in terms of it being an item people would eat. I guess if one was desperate and one made a chicken salad that disguised the quality of the actual chicken.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:58 pm
If it's in a pouch it doesn't need refrigeration, or a container and it's very convenient. They wouldn't make it if nonkosher eaters wouldn't eat it. I would eat it a kosher one, I don't think it's gross.

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 4:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If it's in a pouch it doesn't need refrigeration, or a container and it's very convenient. They wouldn't make it if nonkosher eaters wouldn't eat it. I would eat it a kosher one, I don't think it's gross.

Honestly they make all kinds of disgusting foods that people seem to like - kosher or treyfe. Very Happy

Who would willingly eat SPAM? LOL

And don't get me started on the horrible food that I have been served at restaurants or picked up as takeout premade. LOL

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 7:08 pm
I know a couple of years ago there was someone in Lakewood who invested a lot into kosher canned chicken
Not sure if it took off

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I know a couple of years ago there was someone in Lakewood who invested a lot into kosher canned chicken
Not sure if it took off
I hope he makes pouches. cans are heavy and have water so they aren't so simple to travel with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen