Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
When the right thing doesn’t seem easy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:18 pm
In 2019 I did a small job for a local business. They offered to pay me in cash like they had paid other people in the past. I refused and said the right thing to do is on the books and I’ll get a 1099 and pay taxes.
It wasn’t easy Bec I very easily could have not paid taxes. It was something that really could have stayed under the radar.

The next year 2020 I again reported income on my tax returns that many people wouldn’t have because again it was the right thing to do.

Along came Covid and the EIDL and advances.

Because I refused to bend/hide the truth I received today a full grant of 15K that does not need to be paid back because of my 2020 income being less than my 2019 that I could have very easily not reported.

The taxes that I paid on those two years’ side income is a fraction of the grant I received.

I’m humbled by the clear Yad Hashem here. He helped me do the right thing even if it was hard to help me get this benefit now. And it couldn’t have come in a better time.

mommish613

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:20 pm
WOW. Thank you for sharing. You never lose by doing the right thing

jflower

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 10:21 pm
So glad this worked out for you. I'm sure you'll find a way to enjoy your grant. Hatzlocha!

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In 2019 I did a small job for a local business. They offered to pay me in cash like they had paid other people in the past. I refused and said the right thing to do is on the books and I’ll get a 1099 and pay taxes.
It wasn’t easy Bec I very easily could have not paid taxes. It was something that really could have stayed under the radar.

The next year 2020 I again reported income on my tax returns that many people wouldn’t have because again it was the right thing to do.

Along came Covid and the EIDL and advances.

Because I refused to bend/hide the truth I received today a full grant of 15K that does not need to be paid back because of my 2020 income being less than my 2019 that I could have very easily not reported.

The taxes that I paid on those two years’ side income is a fraction of the grant I received.

I’m humbled by the clear Yad Hashem here. He helped me do the right thing even if it was hard to help me get this benefit now. And it couldn’t have come in a better time.

Wow! Thanks for sharing.
What can you do with the 15K? Whatever you want?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:25 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Wow! Thanks for sharing.
What can you do with the 15K? Whatever you want?

Well it’s technically a grant for my business. But I won’t have to provide what I used it for at any time. I’ll be using it to pay myself
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics