Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Should we change plans to have wedding in usa...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:30 am
DD supposed to get married in a month in Israel. The rest of the family on both sides are in USA. As of right now siblings are not allowed in. We are worried even if we get permission to come in we could catch covid on the plane and still not be able to make it to the wedding.

Is it bad to have the bride and groom travel here so the grandparents and siblings can be at the wedding and there would be less " what ifs"...

How hard is it for people to leave Israel to a red country.

Do you just push it off and hope...
Please do not respond with- oh well so you won't be at your child's wedding....

dena613

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:31 am
I would move it to America

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:32 am
I would move it to the US. Will the chosson and kalla be ok with that?

Ellie7

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:35 am
What does the couple think? It should be their decision.

SG18

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:38 am
It's a big deal to leave Israel to a red country. They would need to file a request, and it's not always granted. If they're living in Israel, the wedding should be where they are. They're the only ones who absolutely need to be at the wedding.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:42 am
Ellie7 wrote:
What does the couple think? It should be their decision.

Agree. I know it's a tough decision for some who always dreamed of marrying in Eretz Yisroel. For me this would be a no-brainer -- sharing the simcha with family would matter more -- but everyone is different and this is their wedding, I'd let them make the choice.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:43 am
mazel tov!
you can ask a big rav
we were told, pre pandemic, "he who pays plays..." ie decides
would get the couples input as well as the other side's...oh now I see both sides of families are in US!

challenging and may all go well and they be zoche to build a binyan adei ad!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:52 am
When a country is red it is ILLEGAL to enter there or come back. They will get fined. And I eould think nobody from a red country could come here either.
Sorry op. You may have to either reschedule or have a zoom type wedding like msny many did last year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:00 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
When a country is red it is ILLEGAL to enter there or come back. They will get fined. And I eould think nobody from a red country could come here either.
Sorry op. You may have to either reschedule or have a zoom type wedding like msny many did last year.

It is not illegal if they get permission...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:04 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
mazel tov!
you can ask a big rav
we were told, pre pandemic, "he who pays plays..." ie decides
would get the couples input as well as the other side's...oh now I see both sides of families are in US!

challenging and may all go well and they be zoche to build a binyan adei ad!

Amen.
Yes the couple made aliyah each after their year in Israel learning and have most of their friends in Israel.
All of the family on both sides are in the USA.
True to the point that you only need the couple and two witnesses to make a wedding....
We are having a big powowow later this week..
Just wanted some thoughts from fellow imamothers.

We have all dreamed of dancing at our children's wedding... and for those who did get married over the past 2 years without their parents there must have been so difficult....

I feel terrible stressing over something in the end is an amazing bracha

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:09 pm
If the Chosson or Kalla test positive before they fly you will have a much bigger problem.

We had a similar situation and asked a Gadol and he said to keep the wedding where the Chosson and Kallah were living.

Hatzlocha and whatever happens their lives should be filled with Brocha.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 12:20 pm
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
If the Chosson or Kalla test positive before they fly you will have a much bigger problem.

We had a similar situation and asked a Gadol and he said to keep the wedding where the Chosson and Kallah were living.

Hatzlocha and whatever happens their lives should be filled with Brocha.

Amen!!
Oy my head hurts with all the endless real possibilities...

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 2:08 pm
It may or may not happen, but the official recommendation is now to reopen the airport in two weeks.

https://m.jpost.com/health-and.....89788

The theory is that by that time omicron will have become the dominant strain in Israel, so there is no further value to keeping the airport closed.

That would open up travel options for you, but I would say keep it in Israel. Ultimately, if anyone is risking Corona from flying, it wouldn't be much good if the chatan or kallah couldn't attend their own wedding because they had tested positive!

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Amen!!
Oy my head hurts with all the endless real possibilities...

I feel for you.. I will be honest that it was one of the hardest things I've been through..

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 2:39 pm
Please do not apologize op! Of course you want to be at your child’s chasuna!!!!!!!

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:46 pm
Mazel Tov OP! My son is IYH getting married in the U.S. next month, but I have a lot of family in Israel and plans keep changing, so I understand your stress. It does look likely that the U.S. will change back to orange soon. If the chosson and kallah made aliyah, their parents should be able to get permission to go to Israel for the wedding. I would keep the wedding there, but suggest anyone from the U.S. who gets permission to come for the chasuna travel at a minimum 11 days beforehand. That way if anyone tests positive they have enough time to quarantine and recover beforehand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics