Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Essay "Nothing Pareve Can Stay"

bearwithme

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:44 pm
Anyone remember where this was printed, about 5 years ago, maybe more? It was the last column, on the last page, in one of the Jewish magazines--Binyan, Family First, Mishpacha, I don't remember which. (It answered the unspoken question, why only pareve and fleishik korbanos? Because you just know someone would have traifed up the milchik mizbeyach if there was one.)
IF anyone here was the writer, you're brilliant! It was perfect. I lost the original I had pasted in one of my cookbooks and want to contact the magazine to ask for a copy.
Thank you!

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 6:52 pm
I’ll bet that was Mordechai Schmutter. Last page of Hamodia Inyan. Sounds like his style. He put his columns into books, so it’s around, just hard to know which of his books it would be in! Maybe someone here knows…

freilich

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 5:17 am
mazelandbracha wrote:
I’ll bet that was Mordechai Schmutter. Last page of Hamodia Inyan. Sounds like his style. He put his columns into books, so it’s around, just hard to know which of his books it would be in! Maybe someone here knows…

It wasnt Mordechai Shmutter. Though I don't remember the author. But was definitely a woman.

I remember it was hilarious. So let's hope someone here will chime in with the info.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:16 am
Sara Eisemann in one of the Mishpacha sections.

momallhours

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:23 am
It is a page in the Best of Family Table Cookbook the one sold in stores not the one printed at the end of the year. I love that essay!

bearwithme

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:26 pm
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics