Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby’s runny nose isn’t clearing up over a month

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:27 am
Is it normal that my 12 month old has a constant runny nose, like all day it just flows out, without any improvement for over a month? Doc keeps saying it’ll clear up but it’s not. Even when I kept him home a few days hoping not being exposed to germs would help, it didn’t improve. Should I be pushing the doc for tests or medication or this is par for the course in the winter? I don’t think it’s allergies because he hasn’t started any new foods in the last month. I just want him to feel better already.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:49 am
Bump

cuffs

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:54 am
He’s probably just catching one cold after another as his immune system builds up. It’s pretty common and nothing to do about it.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:58 am
Might be mild environmental allergies. Some pop up in the winter as there is less fresh air circulating. (Roaches, mold, dust mites)

I did have this with 2 of my children. Nonstop runny noses only in the winter. No other cold symptoms. They both outgrew it.

Vaporizers at night help.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it normal that my 12 month old has a constant runny nose, like all day it just flows out, without any improvement for over a month? Doc keeps saying it’ll clear up but it’s not. Even when I kept him home a few days hoping not being exposed to germs would help, it didn’t improve. Should I be pushing the doc for tests or medication or this is par for the course in the winter? I don’t think it’s allergies because he hasn’t started any new foods in the last month. I just want him to feel better already.

Uch nebach! So hard!!
LOTS OF SLEEP is all I can think of if even possible with an active toddler LOL

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 02 2023, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:30 am
I had this a few months ago with my one year old, he had a cold for like three months and until I took him off of milk it wouldn’t go away. It took a good week once I took him off and his nose cleared up.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:54 pm
My two year old had this, health food store advised me to give her vitamin d in addition to c and multivitamin which I was already giving. It cleared as soon as I started this.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
I had this a few months ago with my one year old, he had a cold for like three months and until I took him off of milk it wouldn’t go away. It took a good week once I took him off and his nose cleared up.

Came to say this. When my dd was little, she had constant colds, her morah suggested maybe it's a milk allergy which we hadn't thought of, we took her off milk and it finally cleared up. She still can't tolerate milk or cheese very well.

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:28 pm
no it isn't normal. Is it clear, white or green? Clear is usually cold, white allergies and green infection.

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:35 pm
Could also be a sinus infection

girlishmom

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:28 pm
Could be germs on pacifier or sippy cup that the child is constantly exposed to.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:31 pm
No it's not normal, and especially not normal for a doctor to brush it off. I had this with one of my kids who turned out to have a certain allergy (not milk). My pediatrician wanted me to test because he said there's always some underlying reason for this. And he was right. Once we stopped that food, the constant "colds" stopped. No other symptoms that I knew of.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:40 pm
My son had a cold November to April the first year I sent him out of the house (2 years old)and it was just that. A cold. Or multiple colds.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics