Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
At what temp is it necessary to take a kid to the doctor?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:55 pm
He started complaining about his eyes yesterday. They seem to hurt him when his fever is going up and stop hurting when it goes down. He feels totally fine most of the time when he's on Motrin. The not letting me touch him also stopped after his fever stopped going up. Tonight was a bit rough, but he is sleeping peacefully in bed.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

taketwo

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:55 pm
Please do not ignore. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I'm sorry about the expense. If you're within driving distance of the state you still have insurance it is worth it for your dh to leave work early and drive there.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:57 pm
with fever that high, sure his eyes hurt! It's the heat of the fever! He doesn't sound lethargic at all, so as long as he's staying hydrated, I would wait. He isn't a toddler, who wouldn't know to tell you if something specific hurts.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:28 pm
Number doesn't matter, it's behavior that does.

With fever of 104-106 you need to give Tylenol first then once it drops to 102-103 you can give motrin. My pediatrician says motrin increases febrile seizure rate with fevers above 104 in children. But definitely check with your child's pediatrician. Refuah shalaimah.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:31 pm
I would go as soon as possible because if it’s flu then you only have a 48 hour window for tamiflu

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:43 pm
OP it sounds more like you were hoping for reassurance to not deal with it. There is no justification , insurance or otherwise, to risk it.
Im sorry, it is so so hard to wake them when they are finally asleep. But someone I work with in a school had a seizure from fever as a kid and ended up with brain damage.

Call now. This minute

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:03 pm
The lethargic behavior is more concerning than the fever. Definitely call the dr.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:05 pm
His fever went down to 102 with Tylenol and now he is on Motrin as well. The doctor said there is nothing they can do for him but if he gets worse, then take him to the ER.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:47 am
B"H his fever stayed lowish all night and I plan to take him to an urgent care today.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
B"H his fever stayed lowish all night and I plan to take him to an urgent care today.

Bh glad to hear. Thanks for the update
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics