Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Ice skating at american dream

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:00 pm
if I want to take my family on a random sunday, do I need to buy tickets in advance or will they be available to buy on the spot?
(it seems like when u purchase tickets you have to pick a specific time...)

tigerwife

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:01 pm
I would purchase in advance just in case. In my experience they aren’t strict about the time slots, so if you show up a little later you don’t lose out on your time.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:02 pm
Purchase that morning. When we went at a super busy time there was a line for on the spot purchases and there were enough no shows for everyone to get in. Some had to wait a bit.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:34 pm
You need to purchase in advance. Morning of is often in advance enough, but they have to be booked before you get there, otherwise there won't be slots available.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 10:35 pm
I booked on the spot on chol hamoed. But not always available best to book in advance.

They owe me a voucher. My dc broke a hand there.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 12:35 am
amother [ Iris ] wrote:
I booked on the spot on chol hamoed. But not always available best to book in advance.

They owe me a voucher. My dc broke a hand there.

Unless they were negligent they don't owe you anything. Accidents happen and you knew the risks going in.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 12:39 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Unless they were negligent they don't owe you anything. Accidents happen and you knew the risks going in.

They do owe it if they promised it.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 2:16 am

Lol they promised it. If they were negligent it wouldn’t be a voucher I would be going after.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:53 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Purchase that morning. When we went at a super busy time there was a line for on the spot purchases and there were enough no shows for everyone to get in. Some had to wait a bit.

This. All online slots were sold out when I tried booking Sunday Chanukah but they ended up allowing us in.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:53 am

They probably offered free tickets. I've had that as well at a different attraction. They don't take responsibility if someone gets hurt, but they offer free tickets.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
They probably offered free tickets. I've had that as well at a different attraction. They don't take responsibility if someone gets hurt, but they offer free tickets.

It's a pretty standard action in hopes of building good will, creating a subsequent positive experience, and preventing a lawsuit.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:14 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
It's a pretty standard action in hopes of building good will, creating a subsequent positive experience, and preventing a lawsuit.

Right. Though the lawsuit is prevented beforehand when we sign the waiver. If we'd be able to sue, free passes won't do anything to keep us back....

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:20 am
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
Right. Though the lawsuit is prevented beforehand when we sign the waiver. If we'd be able to sue, free passes won't do anything to keep us back....
not everybody sues just because they CAN. Some people understand that accidents happen.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:22 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
not everybody sues just because they CAN. Some people understand that accidents happen.

Correct. But plenty people would sue if they would be able to. Signing a waiver prevents that.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:48 am
Parents signing a waiver for a minor is worthless
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics