Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO- Chemical Free Face wash and makeup
Previous  1  2

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 9:04 pm
[QUOTE="ewa-jo"][quote="amother"]I have alot of black heads and persistant pimples that I cannot get rid of no matter what I use. I tried products w/ salycilic acid, mud masks, etc. but they all make it worse. Plus my face is very sensitive and gets irritated fast.
I was looking into yet another one and I saw the face washes have so many chemicals!
Is there any face wash that is really good for acne/black heads w/o propelyne glycol and all those other things?!
Quote:

Can I make a suggestion which probably sounds backward to you? (but might work)

STOP WASHING YOUR FACE!!!!

What I mean... and as I say this as someone who does this every day (and I am not a crunchy person by nature) is to wash your face with hot water and a scrubbing mitten or a towel... and that's all. No soap, no cleanser, no "stuff".... if you have too much makeup left around your eyes, then use coconut oil or petroleum jelly or something like that to take it off.

I am not a dermatologist, but there is an idea out there that we pull ourselves into a vicious cycle with our skin... we use soaps to clean our skin and strip off all the oils... but then it causes our skin to make extra oils, which make it worse.

Like I said, I use sunscreen in the morning and makeup over it... when I go to bed at night, I wash my face with only water and scrub it with a towel and that works very well for me.
Some people need something not so strong but water is not good simply because it does not clean.
It does not take out the dirt deep inside and it does not remove all the dead skin cells.

I used to use water, I am young, I have great skin, I started using a cleanser (chemical free etc) and I can see a difference.

Elisheva

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 9:13 pm
Quote:

What I mean... and as I say this as someone who does this every day (and I am not a crunchy person by nature) is to wash your face with hot water and a scrubbing mitten or a towel... and that's all. No soap, no cleanser, no "stuff".... if you have too much makeup left around your eyes, then use coconut oil or petroleum jelly or something like that to take it off.

I am not a dermatologist, but there is an idea out there that we pull ourselves into a vicious cycle with our skin... we use soaps to clean our skin and strip off all the oils... but then it causes our skin to make extra oils, which make it worse.

Amen, sista!
I have an education in the beauty business, and seriously - there are so many ingredients in products nowadays, even the natural ones, that are redundant if not harmful for your skin. I spent years trying out different products and you know what I use now??
Olive oil and sugar!
Cleanser is soo drying for me, and I had enough of stripping my skin and putting back expensive moisturizer on with who knows what in it.
I do use makeup remover because I need it to get everything off, but I do not use commercial cleanser or moisturizer. Every night I gently scrub my face with a mixture of olive oil and sugar. It's exfoliating, cleansing and moisturizing all at once. My skin is not tight or itchy -- and I have no breakouts either.
My suspicion is that having a skincare regimen is purely a marketing myth, and that it does more harm than good to your skin.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, May 01 2013, 10:19 am
Elisheva wrote:
Quote:

Amen, sista!
I have an education in the beauty business, and seriously - there are so many ingredients in products nowadays, even the natural ones, that are redundant if not harmful for your skin. I spent years trying out different products and you know what I use now??
Olive oil and sugar!
Cleanser is soo drying for me, and I had enough of stripping my skin and putting back expensive moisturizer on with who knows what in it.
I do use makeup remover because I need it to get everything off, but I do not use commercial cleanser or moisturizer. Every night I gently scrub my face with a mixture of olive oil and sugar. It's exfoliating, cleansing and moisturizing all at once. My skin is not tight or itchy -- and I have no breakouts either.
My suspicion is that having a skincare regimen is purely a marketing myth, and that it does more harm than good to your skin.
Olive oil and sugar IS a cleanser.

It is a natural homemade one and there are many of its kind.
But there are many many many people who do not like/want to start making their own scrubs etc.

And btw, don't laugh, but my sil is allergic to olive oil. Don't ask why but every time she uses it for cooking and it gets on her skin, she breaks out.
I tried it for my extremely dry skin on my hands and it didn't work but it worked for dh and half the other people I know who tried it so I am guessing it wouldn't work for my face either.

Kudos to you for using your own, free face cleanser but water and a scrubby does NOT clean your face or moisturize it and that is NOT good.

Elisheva

Post Wed, May 01 2013, 12:02 pm
Quote:
And btw, don't laugh, but my sil is allergic to olive oil. Don't ask why but every time she uses it for cooking and it gets on her skin, she breaks out.
I tried it for my extremely dry skin on my hands and it didn't work but it worked for dh and half the other people I know who tried it so I am guessing it wouldn't work for my face either.

I never new that olive oil can be allergenic, that is so surprising. Can she eat olives?

I've tried it on my hands and it doesn't work for me, but I love it on my face. Maybe it depends on your skin type, which be very different on your face versus hands.

amother

Post Sat, May 04 2013, 10:03 pm
Op here, I tried not washing my face or using olive oil with sugar, both were disastrous for my skin!
I bought some natural cleansers in target, so lets see how it works.
I'm trying to find a chemical free foundation with good matte coverage. I like pretty full coverage of my foundation, don't like Bb creams or mineral or powder makeup.
Jane iredale has loads of chemicals in her face products, and I see very mixed reviews on the 100% pure foundation.
Any more ideas for the makeup?

Elisheva

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 12:17 pm
I'm sorry you had no luck with that - I hope the cleansers you bought work well for you!
I've never heard of all-natural makeup - I can't even imagine it exists. I don't think there's anything in nature that could create a good quality foundation. If you do find anything, let us know I would love to hear about it!

amother

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 10:29 am
Help- the natural face cleanser from Pacifica and a face peel from Alba Botanicals made me break out even worse- in places I've never broken out before!
Usually, it's just on my chin and jaw, now it's smack in middle of my nose, and under my eye.
What is going on?! Confused

spring13

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
Help- the natural face cleanser from Pacifica and a face peel from Alba Botanicals made me break out even worse- in places I've never broken out before!
Usually, it's just on my chin and jaw, now it's smack in middle of my nose, and under my eye.
What is going on?! Confused

Look at the ingredients in products that have been problematic, maybe you can isolate one or two specific ones to avoid. A face peel sounds like it could be pretty harsh on sensitive skin, I'd stick with gentle cleansers.

Another brand to look into, both for makeup and for personal care products, is Arbonne. Expensive, but mostly botanical. It's sold like Mary Kay, through network marketing, so if you have trouble locating a source pm me, I can hook you up with a friend who sells it.

amother

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 11:58 am
thanks spring, I have to see if I can figure it out.
I did notice that both mary kay and arbonne do not list any ingredients on their sites, which concerns me.

amother

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 1:24 pm
I have cleansers from Lush Cosmetics that I like. They also have make-up. All their stuff is all-natural, handmade, and preservative free (a bit hippy-ish). Check out their website (lush.com) to see if there's a store near you. If you go in to a store they give you a free facial so you can see if you like the cleansers and makeup...

chocolate chips

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 11:06 pm
OP can you pm me?

amother

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 7:25 pm
Op here- I went to Lush and the products have 2 kinds of parabens and propelyne glycol, as well as other things I'd like to avoid. I was really shocked bec they advetise themselves as all natural- as the amother above mentioned.....
So I guess I will have to splurge on Dr Haushka.....

mommy24

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:44 pm
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, I didnt see what exactly you are trying to stay away from, but I switch between the following two products:

Josie Maran Argan Cleanser

Checks and Balances

I have very sensitive skin, whenever I try a new soap or mousturizers I break out terribly. Using these two items I BH haven't had any issues.

Sweet as Pie

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 11:31 am
I sell natural cosmetics and makeup.they dont have toxins in them.especially the makeup line which is amazing since the products dont irritate the skin with harsh chemicals and have ingredients that benefit the skin...
alot of the companies listed here sound very healthy and good but really have ingredientsin them that are terrible for our bodies and just serve to harm the skin.for more details and info pm me

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 1:48 pm
Elisheva wrote:
Quote:

Amen, sista!
Olive oil and sugar!

can I use plain olive oil as a cleanser?

how do you clean with it?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 3:51 pm
Op have you tried careline makeup? I have sensitive skin and it doesnt break me out.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 4:25 pm
Firstly, if you are using products to clear up acne, etc. it is normal to breakout more at first, because it is drawing the impurities to the surface of your skin. My opinion, it is best to visit a dermatologist and then get professional facials done for your skin type. The esthetician can get rid of the blackheads and pimples, and they will recommend a product to help you to tackle your acne. Hands down, you will be much happier with real results. If you want to do it at home,

I can give you something you can use at home with just natural ingredients if you want...

shyner

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 5:00 pm
ewa-jo wrote:

Like I said, I use sunscreen in the morning and makeup over it... when I go to bed at night, I wash my face with only water and scrub it with a towel and that works very well for me.

Coconut oil is known to be comedogenic, it blocks pores so could be really bad for acne prone skin. Some ‘natural’ ingredients can be very irritating to sensitive skin.
For the people who mentioned lush, they are known to use very irritating ingredient people have had very bad reactions to them.
It could be that you over did the cleansing for your face and stripped your skin if it’s natural barrier and stripped the oil and therefore you broke out more and is now over sensitised.
Maybe try to only clean your face with a cleanser in the evening and just use water in the morning.
Have you tried using a cleansing balm, like the oat balm cleanser by the inkey list. Cleansing balms are oil based they remove makeup and clean the skin if you use the correct one they will not leave your skin too oily and is very nourishing.

https://www.theinkeylist.com/p.....-balm

The ordinary squalane cleanser is also known to be very gentle https://deciem.com/en-gb/theor.....ity=1
and the salicylic acid cleanser from the inkey list is also very gentle despite containing salicylic acid.

https://www.theinkeylist.com/p.....anser

You can also try using cleansers with a natural form of salicylic acid, willow bark extract it is known to be more gentle than the artificial form this I used this one from Ren it was very gentle https://usa.renskincare.com/co.....g-gel
For makeup I don’t know if it’s non toxic but it cosmetics cc cream has medium to full coverage and contains lots of skincare ingredients which are beneficial for the skin and will color correct and cover the acne.
https://www.sephora.com/produc.....68157

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:02 pm
This is the whole Megilla! LOL! Actually, it's really simple after you finish preparing the concoctions; cleanse, tone, moisturize, SPF, then once or twice a week cleanse, steam, mask, tone, moisturize. This particular regimen is for Acne Prone and Problem Breakout Skin.

STEAMING YOUR FACE

Facial steam for 15 - 20 minutes, here is an excellent steamer on Amazon, just follow directions as enclosed in the package:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b41fe

It's important to steam your face at least once a week after cleansing, before your face mask.

Here is a link on what the benefits are of steaming:

https://www.skincareorg.com/fa.....ften/

(I prefer using a steamer to prevent accidental burns--if you accidently tip the water over onto yourself by using a bowl with hot water.)

MASKING

At least once a week use this face mask, leave on for 10-15 minutes until dry, then rinse off and wipe off excess with a damp washcloth:

NATURAL MUD MASK
2 tbsp bentonite clay
3 drops tea tree oil
¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
Rosewater or distilled water (as needed)

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix the rosewater with bentonite clay until it forms a smooth, wet paste.
Once that is done, add the other ingredients.
Apply the mask on your face, excluding your eyes and mouth.
Leave on until it hardens.
Wash off with warm water.

CLEANSING

Wash your face daily using a mild cleanser. Here is a recipe for a natural cleanser you can make at home:

Homemade Natural Cleanser:

4 tablespoons organic honey
4 tablespoons avocado oil
4 tablespoons unscented castile soap
1/2 tablespoon matcha powder
10 drops tea tree essential oil

Mix and keep stored in a clean jar; refrigerate between cleansing.

TONING

Spritz your face with rosewater or a chamomile toner afterwards.
You can buy at most pharmacies natural rosewater or make this chamomile toner at home:

Simple Facial Toner Recipe. Chamomile Skin Care:

1 tablespoon of loose dried chamomile (or 2 bags of chamomile tea)
1 cup of hot water
1 tsp. of lemon juice
1 tsp. of fresh green tea

Place the herb material into a stainless steel or enamel saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to the boil, then turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for around 20 minutes. When you see liquid acquire a yellow hue – it is the right time to strain the mixture and pour into a small bottle. (you can use empty bottle of any commercial skin lotion or toner.)
Strain the liquid into a glass or ceramic container using a sieve or a cloth. Then add lemon juice and fresh green tea to the chamomile liquid. Mix the ingredients well.

Keeps for about 2-3 days in the fridge. Keep in mind that your natural face product doesn’t contain any preservatives so its shelf life is quite short. After 3 days passed you should prepare a new chamomile toner portion. To use: Use a cotton ball and dip into mixture, rub onto face, let dry before apply moisturizer. Alternatively, you can put the mixture into a spray bottle and spritz into your hand then rub over your face.

MOISTURIZING AND PROTECTING

For moisture at night use:

Dr. Grandel Phyto Care Azulene (go to Dr. Grandel's website: www.grandel.com then click on the skincare tab, then the phytocare tab)

Azulene is a natural compound derived from chamomile and really helps acne and sore skin.

For moisture and protection during the day use:

Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Body Cream, Fragrance Free (get online at Amazon)

Cocokind Daily SPF 32 Facial Sunscreen Lotion (get online at Amazon)

It's important to use SPF before going outside to prevent wrinkles and accidental sunburns. Sun damage is really hard to reverse without cosmetic surgery interventions.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics