Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Are your classes being shut down ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:19 am
Instinctively I just want to hide. I want to keep us all inside and away from the germs. But then I'm reminded how our immune systems seem to be like 2 year olds- that get sick at the drop of any small exposure! Lockdown hasn't helped until now. So there doesn't seem to be a choice but to bite the bullet and strengthen our immune systems. It's so hard. We keep getting sick here from random viruses that don't show up on the tests. Refuah Shelaima to all!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:23 am
I have kids in 4 schools. One school hasn’t shut at all, one has the entire high school virtual this week, I don’t know about the other two.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 5:22 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
At this point even the NYC public schools plan to no longer shut down classes over positive cases. Things have changed.

Not accurate. In NYC public schools if a student or teacher tests positive they will ask everyone in that class to take a test and anyone who tests negative will be allowed into the class. That makes sense...sick people stay home, healthy people can go to in-person school. Most frum schools are basically hoping that sick kids stay home and that nobody mentions the word Covid because clearly the sick kid only has a bad cold or if he's in the hospital then it's the flu.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:46 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Not accurate. In NYC public schools if a student or teacher tests positive they will ask everyone in that class to take a test and anyone who tests negative will be allowed into the class. That makes sense...sick people stay home, healthy people can go to in-person school. Most frum schools are basically hoping that sick kids stay home and that nobody mentions the word Covid because clearly the sick kid only has a bad cold or if he's in the hospital then it's the flu.

How does what you said make what I said not accurate?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:50 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
How does what you said make what I said not accurate?

It doesn’t

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:50 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

Just because that's the official policy doesn't mean it happens that way. From someone who works in NYC public schools I can tell you that it doesn't. Classes aren't always closed right away when someone tests positive. It sometimes takes them days to get their act together.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 4:45 am
If one child tests positive, the whole class is sent home and gets tested. If no one else tests positive they are all back in school the next day (minus the one who tested positive) and tested again in 5 days. If someone else tests positive, the whole class is quarantined and lessons are online for a week, then everyone must test negative to re-enter.

FFP2 or surgical masks are worn at all times here.

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 4:48 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Our school used to say no, but allows it now if the kid is vaccinated...

Lol

I'd love to pick the brains of the people coming up with these ridiculous rules
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics