Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Anaphylactic allergies
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Not everyone needs a few years. You probably won't if you're going for a single allergen. If your insurance covers most things, about $4000 a year. Otherwise, about $16000? I don't remember exactly but you can call them, they were very helpful on the phone.

I have medicaid I doubt it would cover anything. I would work on figuring things out if I knew it works. How soon did you see progress?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:44 am
SashaT wrote:
We travel to SoCal with my son. It is costly, difficult and time consuming, but it has been life changing for us. My son has a severe dairy allergy among others.

I'm sorry, I meant to ask you, not Hibiscus, how soon did you see results with dairy? How long do they expect it to take? Can you share any information about cost, time, travel, and effectiveness?
Thanks so much!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 11:45 am
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
Did you try NAET?
We did it for 2 kids. One for food allergies and one for asthma. We stopped for personal reasons (moving out of state didn't help as there are no good NAET practitioners where I live now. The closest one with extensive training is hours away) but we were able to eliminate one of the food allergies my son has. His other ones were very manageable.

Wow! I had no idea it could eliminate, I thought maybe lessen. Can you give me more information please? I am in nj, was the good provider anywhere near? What does it cost, how long does it take? How severe was the allergen that got cured?
Thanks!

SashaT

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 12:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm sorry, I meant to ask you, not Hibiscus, how soon did you see results with dairy? How long do they expect it to take? Can you share any information about cost, time, travel, and effectiveness?
Thanks so much!

Our insurance is in network with them. I believe their website has a breakdown of cost for self paying patients. There is also the cost of flights every eight weeks or so, rental cars, hotels. There is a 4500 a year fee for everyone. Labs cost about a 2500. People also fundraise for this. They have a Facebook page with a lot of information for families. It’s a lot. That said, my son has made a lot of progress with them and can safely eat many more foods now.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:03 am
SashaT wrote:
Our insurance is in network with them. I believe their website has a breakdown of cost for self paying patients. There is also the cost of flights every eight weeks or so, rental cars, hotels. There is a 4500 a year fee for everyone. Labs cost about a 2500. People also fundraise for this. They have a Facebook page with a lot of information for families. It’s a lot. That said, my son has made a lot of progress with them and can safely eat many more foods now.

Wow so it's a minimum of 10k to start? Wondering how many years that would take. Wish they would have something on the east coast.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:08 am
Op, can you please pm me? Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:20 am
anonymrs wrote:
Op, can you please pm me? Thank you!

Sure

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 3:32 pm
Quote:
Wow! I had no idea it could eliminate, I thought maybe lessen. Can you give me more information please? I am in nj, was the good provider anywhere near? What does it cost, how long does it take? How severe was the allergen that got cured?
Thanks!

The food we eliminated was eggs. He wasn't anaphylactic to eggs, but would get eczema from head to toe by eating anything with eggs baked in it. Now he eats omelets.

We lived in Queens, NY at the time, and went to a fellow in Long Island. I don't remember the initial evaluation cost, but it was $60 a session after that. For one kid we did it weekly. For the second we couldn't afford that so we did it 2 times a month. Again we stopped before we finished for personal reasons. It's a long process. Don't expect quick results.

The fellow we went to didn't promise eliminating the allergy of the foods my son was anaphylactic to (dairy, nuts, peanuts), but said he'd try. My son couldn't touch the foods either and was not safe in school. So we'd take any help we could get.

Check out the NAET website and look at the providers. Look for ones that have extensive education/certification, not just a couple certifications.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 4:58 pm
Op, can you please post the doctor who helped your child with the egg allergy? TY

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:55 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Eggplants? Tomatoes? Peppers?

She's lucky she doesn't live in Israel anymore. She wouldn't be able to go anywhere.

She's also recently been diagnosed with Celiac. She's pretty much given up on eating anything that isn't home cooked, or bought at a gluten free bakery. It's just part of her life now.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
Quote:
Thanks!

The food we eliminated was eggs. He wasn't anaphylactic to eggs, but would get eczema from head to toe by eating anything with eggs baked in it. Now he eats omelets.

We lived in Queens, NY at the time, and went to a fellow in Long Island. I don't remember the initial evaluation cost, but it was $60 a session after that. For one kid we did it weekly. For the second we couldn't afford that so we did it 2 times a month. Again we stopped before we finished for personal reasons. It's a long process. Don't expect quick results.

The fellow we went to didn't promise eliminating the allergy of the foods my son was anaphylactic to (dairy, nuts, peanuts), but said he'd try. My son couldn't touch the foods either and was not safe in school. So we'd take any help we could get.

Check out the NAET website and look at the providers. Look for ones that have extensive education/certification, not just a couple certifications.

Was it Dr. Wertheim by any chance?

amother
White

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:31 am
Hi wondering if you ever ended up trying with south California food allergy clinic? If not, did you find something closer?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 10:27 am
amother White wrote:
Hi wondering if you ever ended up trying with south California food allergy clinic? If not, did you find something closer?

Hi, we did not do south California. After 6 months on a waiting list, our first appointment made us realize there is no way it can be done due to kashrus (we're talking daily cups of non kosher milks and any other food they deem the child to be allergic to). We went with the next suggestion, NAET. I have heard great progress stories from that. We are a few months in. We saw hairline improvements so far but I know it's a long process and we are willing to keep trying and see it through. The dr seems pretty confident that he can help them with Hashem's help and we hope so! His name is Dr. John Crandall. He keep very highly recommended. He is from the original NAET doctors and lecturers as well as researcher and has had excellent results in the past. He is currently seeing patients in boro park so that is helpful for us. We know we need to daven because ultimately only Hashem can heal!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 10:30 am
amother Peach wrote:
Op, can you please post the doctor who helped your child with the egg allergy? TY

Dr. Douglas Kellerman in Lakeworth Florida.
We did it for a year, we were there for 3-4 weeks initially and treated 4-5x a week and then came back monthly.
Hatzlocha

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 10:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi, we did not do south California. After 6 months on a waiting list, our first appointment made us realize there is no way it can be done due to kashrus (we're talking daily cups of non kosher milks and any other food they deem the child to be allergic to). We went with the next suggestion, NAET. I have heard great progress stories from that. We are a few months in. We saw hairline improvements so far but I know it's a long process and we are willing to keep trying and see it through. The dr seems pretty confident that he can help them with Hashem's help and we hope so! His name is Dr. John Crandall. He keep very highly recommended. He is from the original NAET doctors and lecturers as well as researcher and has had excellent results in the past. He is currently seeing patients in boro park so that is helpful for us. We know we need to daven because ultimately only Hashem can heal!

What's the cost?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 11:50 am
amother Yolk wrote:
What's the cost?

The first visit was over $100 I don't remember the number maybe $140-160? After that he charges $90 but if there is more than one family member he is treating he charges less.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics