Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Chocolate Leben Recipe

lora

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 12:19 pm
we go through cases of chocolate leben a month which is very expensive. I'm trying to see if I can make it homemade. I tried playing with the chocolate pudding recipe but could not get a similar consistency to the Mehadrin leben. any recipes?

Reality

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:48 pm
https://www.yogurtathome.com/s.....-east

You would have to make plain leben first and then add chocolate and sugar to flavor it.

Have fun experimenting and good luck!

naomi2

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 1:49 pm
I would say the texture is closest to homemade yogurt. If you can borrow a yogurt maker and try it out with sugar and cocoa it might be worth a try

I see I cross posted with reality

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 2:01 pm
If your kids are even the tiniest bit picky they probably won’t eat it.
My kids have tried other companies leben when it was available and said it was horrible.
Maybe to make it easier for you to experiment you can use plain Greek yogurt and add flavoring. I sometimes put in vanilla and sugar into plain Greek yogurt and it’s okay.
Let us know.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:08 pm
to make yogurt, you have to buy yogurt as a starter and the milk. I tried it a few times and if it doesn;' turn out, no one eats it and its all wasted.

you are better off buying on sale. or a cheaper brand. or asking if a case if cheaper.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:27 pm
Use whatever neutral yogurt base you want, and add a squirt of Leiber's chocolate syrup. You can control how much sugar the kids get when you do it for them. I find that commercial yogurts with flavorings are way too sweet.

Another good flavor to try, is to add in fresh fruit and a teaspoon of silan. You can top it with some granola if you want.

987gold

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:29 pm
There was a point where the more I'd buy, the more they eat chocolate leben. They eventually got sick of it and I found that my kid was more constipated when eating too much chocolate leben. Anyhow, I cut down on buying it and we can eat other things. I know they are expensive. All foods are. You need to decide if at this point the expense is worth it.

Sorry I'm no help in recipes to make on your own. Good luck.
Personally, I think they are yummy

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:59 pm
You can also limit chocolate leben to a special Shabbos treat and stock normal yogurt for during the week. It's usually cheaper to buy the large containers of yogurt instead of individual ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals