Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Decorators: Fifth Ave Hotel did $200M job Traditional style?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:56 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
I happen to like traditional. But I like very clean looks.
I was happy when modern came into style because it's so much cheaper!
Ikea is simple modern and oh so cheap.
But I hate when things are cold looking and I also hate clutter.
But it's very expensive to have a properly balanced traditional design in your house.
Ikea is more of a Scandinavian look. Very clean, but also cozy. Frum people tend to take a look too far.

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 7:53 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
Ikea is more of a Scandinavian look. Very clean, but also cozy. Frum people tend to take a look too far.

Hygge 😀 The furthest thing from very modern

Winter is the most hygge time of year. It is candles, nubby woolens, shearling slippers, woven textiles, pastries, blond wood, sheepskin rugs, lattes with milk-foam hearts, and a warm fireplace. Hygge can be used as a noun, adjective, verb, or compound noun, like hyggebukser, otherwise known as that shlubby pair of pants you would never wear in public but secretly treasure. Hygge can be found in a bakery and in the dry heat of a sauna in winter…..

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:12 pm
Amarante wrote:
Hygge 😀 The furthest thing from very modern

Winter is the most hygge time of year. It is candles, nubby woolens, shearling slippers, woven textiles, pastries, blond wood, sheepskin rugs, lattes with milk-foam hearts, and a warm fireplace. Hygge can be used as a noun, adjective, verb, or compound noun, like hyggebukser, otherwise known as that shlubby pair of pants you would never wear in public but secretly treasure. Hygge can be found in a bakery and in the dry heat of a sauna in winter…..
This, but I don’t know if it’s the furthest thing from modern. IKEA has a lot of very clean lines. But they add in enough coziness to temper it. I personally loooove the ikea look

Amarante

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:47 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
This, but I don’t know if it’s the furthest thing from modern. IKEA has a lot of very clean lines. But they add in enough coziness to temper it. I personally loooove the ikea look

Well the very modern look which is almost post modern at this point. It is the kind of very stark look - not generally furnished with IKEA for the most part. Very Happy

Mid Century Modern was inspired by Scandinavian aesthetic but true MCM homes are quite warm with lots of wood and natural lighting. Many of them incorporated merging with nature - some had atriums in the home.

A lot of the homes being built around me now are in what is called Modern Farmhouse which is very comfortable and livable as well as being attractive. It is contemporary - organic, light filled, wood; stereotypically it uses black steel for windows and also often have interior design like shower glass frames.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:50 pm
Amarante wrote:
Well the very modern look which is almost post modern at this point. It is the kind of very stark look - not generally furnished with IKEA for the most part. Very Happy

Mid Century Modern was inspired by Scandinavian aesthetic but true MCM homes are quite warm with lots of wood and natural lighting. Many of them incorporated merging with nature - some had atriums in the home.

A lot of the homes being built around me now are in what is called Modern Farmhouse which is very comfortable and livable as well as being attractive. It is contemporary - organic, light filled, wood; stereotypically it uses black steel for windows and also often have interior design like shower glass frames.
I also adore the modern farmhouse look. Target has a few lines in that style, I get lots of great ideas from there. For some reason it’s not a very popular look with frum people.

dena613

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:22 pm
There is nothing traditional about the hotel's chandelier!!! Laugh
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics