Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Product that makes urine feel uncomfortable for training?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:06 pm
Toilet training dd.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 9:46 pm
Regular underwear. It's not comfortable when your clothes are wet.

There are also cloth washable "training" pants. Cotton is cold when wet. You don't want disposables (which are super absorbent) or fleece-lined (which feels dry).

You can try the "Cool and Learn" pull ups also, but I doubt they are equally as effective.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:

There are also cloth washable "training" pants. Cotton is cold when wet. You don't want disposables (which are super absorbent) or fleece-lined (which feels dry).

You can try the "Cool and Learn" pull ups also, but I doubt they are equally as effective.

Yes I didn't want to be snarky but there is nothing as uncomfortable as wet underwear and the urine is corrosive and so it would also cause irritations in that area.

Cloth diapers are actually not very comfortable when wet.

It is interesting that the average age of toilet training completed was 18 months before there were disposable diapers because it was so much more difficult for parents to deal with non-disposable diapers and presumably kids were also much more uncomfortable with wet cloth around sensitive areas.

I know some people have gone back to cloth diapers but for the most part most people still use disposable because the alternative is difficult. Kind of like knowing sometimes if someone owns a cat - one could tell that there was a diaper pail aging somewhere. LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:13 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:

what are "Cool and Learn" pull ups.
Do they make her uncomfortable?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:19 pm
Why the need to make your child uncomfortable. Just toilet train by using any of the numerous methods out there.
Explain that she is a big girl,get her excited to keep her big girl underwear clean and dry.

If you are dealing with a challenged or stubborn older child then I don’t have advice for that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics