Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss group
Previous  1  2

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:28 pm
Are you guys enjoying the group? I was hoping it would be a smaller more intimate group that we'd actually get to know each other and be a cohesive group, instead of random people just typing random things and no continuity from post to post. But I guess that's to be expected in a WhatsApp group of total strangers.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:37 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Andrea can you join the group?
I really think people there can benefit from your wisdom and knowledge. And experience.

Thank you for asking. I have a full time job plus am in school four hours plus homework a day. I think I can’t handle one more thing. Also, my success in turning my crazy eating around is in one particular way.

I do want to caution you that I think that in general, weight loss is not something to be treated lightly.

When we gain weight ( especially to obesity) we stay obese even when we arent symptomatic and that causes changes in our bodies. Then losing weight also causes changes.

I think it’s very important to acknowledge that bodies come in all shapes and sizes. I strongly agree with the Canadian position paper that came out in august 2020 that suggests that doctors should not be discussing weight with patients a) unless the patient is finding that their obesity interferes with their life or health and b) that obesity is chronic and multifaceted and requires some serious specialized knowledge.

Obesity is not the cause of every problem we have in health although what exactly we eat can be.

This is why you all keep hearing me say that I’m prioritizing staying stable over losing weight at this point. I may have lost 115 pounds but I could still lose about eighty more. But I think that if I mess around with that, it’s more likely to cause me to regain and then some.if I had any advice for anyone it would be to find sustainable and enjoyable ways to eat good that increases your health, keeps you satiated and that you can do forever.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:02 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Are you guys enjoying the group? I was hoping it would be a smaller more intimate group that we'd actually get to know each other and be a cohesive group, instead of random people just typing random things and no continuity from post to post. But I guess that's to be expected in a WhatsApp group of total strangers.

Double post

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 11:03 pm

I feel like Im the only one posring there lol! Needs to be a team effort and I think ultinarely it will be the same few ppl that post to each other. Lets keep it going.

familyfirst

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 12:59 am
I should join
I know what I need to do to lose weight. In fact, I can write articles.

Tomorrow is a new day. Will try again.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 10:47 am

Yes agreed, I was hoping for the same. Not just let eo post on their status and eo out there can join.
I also wanted it limited to woman only.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:43 am
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
Yes agreed, I was hoping for the same. Not just let eo post on their status and eo out there can join.
I also wanted it limited to woman only.

It is women only. If ppl would post, I would gladly remove everyone that doesn't participate.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:30 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
It is women only. If ppl would post, I would gladly remove everyone that doesn't participate.

Let's do that. Say something tomorrow about how you want to keep it a smaller/intimate group of active posters so we can feel more cohesive, and you'll only be keeping on those posters who participate somewhat regularly.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:52 am
I posted a couple of times on the first day but it just got overwhelming
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise