Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Starring Haman!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:44 pm
I'm trying to write a script for a purim shpiel to put on with the women in my community (smaller end of medium, out of town). The story is about Haman, who becomes disillusioned with Shushan life and goes travelling through time to find himself. So far the scenes I have are the first scene, where his conversation with Zeresh about his jealousy of Mordechai sets off a Middos alert, and the last scene where he wanders into Aish HaTorah and sits in the back row of a Rav Gav lecture which inspires him to become a ger, and a random scene in the middle where he goes for therapy to uncover the roots of his villainous character (which traces back to his abusive grandfather and emotionally distant father). Also would like to incorporate smartphones somehow.
Any ideas for more scenes? The funnier (and more far-fetched), the better! Looking for examples where he arrives at a setting cast as the villain but flops in his role, since in essence he is Haman (and not the actual villain he is cast as). Can be real, fictional or fiction-based.

believe22

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:51 pm
Hahaha! OP this is to die for funny.

Of course Haman accidentally lands in middle of a cooking competition, perhaps hosted on kosher.com, and he wins by making the only dish he knows -hamantashen!

Please please share your script when done

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:54 pm
How about he shows up at an elementary school Gan and they are putting on the Purim play! Everyone assumes he is there to try out for haman, but he doesn’t get the part.

shanarishona

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:06 am
This is brilliant!
Can you please share the script when it’s done so we can all have the laughs?!

What about having him experience Purim in a frum community and find out it’s about him?

What about an encounter with a Gadol?

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:32 am
Love the idea but since you posted I will reply with my opinion.

Haman is Amalek, the essence of evil. I assume you would not use Hitler in this role? Well, that is Haman. Bottom line.

The shpiel sounds AWESOME. I’d just revise and figure out how to make it work with a diff character.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:18 am
shanarishona wrote:
What about having him experience Purim in a frum community and find out it’s about him?

Love this one!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:20 am
believe22 wrote:
Of course Haman accidentally lands in middle of a cooking competition, perhaps hosted on kosher.com, and he wins by making the only dish he knows -hamantashen!

LOL! LOL

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Love the idea but since you posted I will reply with my opinion.

Haman is Amalek, the essence of evil. I assume you would not use Hitler in this role? Well, that is Haman. Bottom line.

The shpiel sounds AWESOME. I’d just revise and figure out how to make it work with a diff character.

I was struggling to organize my thoughts. Yes, Hitler ym"sh came to mind.
Thought it's true that Haman's descendants converted. Maybe you can do this from the perspective of someone who finds out that he's a descendant?

But it's important that when you figure out how Haman came to where he was, it was nothing from his childhood, or nebach poor parenting.

Anyone old enough to remember Hogan's Heroes? (I'm not that old, I know it through syndication.) Google Mad Hogan's Heroes for a treatment of the show that's relevant to this thread. (And yeah, Robert Clary's a survivor. Still.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club